Chinese-Forums

Anyone for BNU Fall 2007?

xus-swede

Lupita: Good for you. I'll probably email them tomorrow. Haha! It's fun discussing culinary similarities between the philippines and spain. Can't wait to meet you and Ursula. :)

Heifeng: As I said, I shall try. The bagoong's a pretty tall order though. It can stink up a luggage faster than you can say cover your nose.

Hey Barb! It's an organization in charge of anything to do with studies or study tours in china. They handle all student trips there for a fee. Have you ever heard of those summer study tours to the different parts of china? I joined one of their trips and that's how I found out about them.

It's a good thing they're around. I don't have to worry about my paperworks because they're doing it all for me. :D

Anyway, we're going there for language studies and we'll be arriving on 2 separate flights on sept. 3. Oh and I already know one other person who has been there for a semester and is just extending her stay to a year. :) And then there's also the other pcerc group going to blcu on sept 10. Wow! That's a lot of people!

Heifeng: I'll try to jam in some local goodies into my luggage if i can. And yeah, I agree with barb. Bagoong is just too dangerous to bring on board. :D hahaha

hullo hullo. ill be flying in on sunday, september 2 at around 3:30 pm.

lupita, i emailed them and they told me to be on the lookout for the red bnu sign. :D

jamoldo, don't know if you saw my shout out to you in my csc post... but i would absolutely love to meet you and have you come along and lead me in my hunt.

see all you crazy folk soon. t minus 10 days.

I'm European...Finnish/Norwegian. I know quite a lot of Europeans, mostly English, will come from SOAS to BNU for our year abroad. I'll be there in a week. Anyone had problems registrating? I find the info load they want quite disturbing...! And when do we have to pay the school fees? I wont get my student loan until mid spetmeber, does that mean I can't start going to classes yet? And hwen is the entrance exam, as for what class we'll end up in? I really need to look through my writing as its more or less disastrous right now... :lol:

Hey there,

I'll also start studying at BNU next week and I'm searching for a flat near to BNU at the moment. If anyone is interested in sharing an accomodation or is searching for a roommate I - a 24 y old easy going german guy - would be interested to open something up. To contact me, just send me a message or post it here.

cu Kai

HSK Classes In BNU

Hi there

I'm joining the trial undergrad at BNU starting next week. I want to know if anyone knows of HSK Preparation classes in BNU? I have had a look at their website but they don't mention it! As I need to get a level 3 before the end of the academic year I think I will need a lot of prep...some formal classes would be good!

Thanks for any help!

Clive

hey guys,

i'm at bnu already. got here sept 2 and staying at the no.1 international students dorm (anyone in that dorm also?), which isn't that bad, except for the public bathrooms. anyhoo, registered yesterday. there were lots of people but it was manageable. took my placement exam this morning- written first and then oral. i haven't been able to open a bank account yet since the international students office has my passport, but will fix that later. right now, i wanna buy a sim card. anyone with the same agenda?

jamoldo: not sure what's up with insurance since scholarship holders don't have to go through that. i think an insurance card would be enough though. if you have a document with the full list of coverage, that might be better.