Chinese-Forums

Good Chinese music?

OneEye

Language Guy, do you like Jolin Tsai (蔡依林)? I would categorize her as "bubblegummy", in the same sense as Brittany Spears.

http://o2jam.9you.com/qihua2/songs/c-love%20love%20love.mp3

蔡依林

城堡

David Tao and Wang Lee Hom are both heavily influenced by R&B (plus hip hop in the case of Wang) and are not bubblegummy, in the technical sense of the word.

http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms&rn=&tn=baidump3&ct=134217728&word=%B2%CC%D2%C0%C1%D6&lm=-1

David Tao (陶喆)

http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms&tn=baidump3&ct=134217728&lf=&rn=&word=%CD%F5%C1%A6%BA%EA&lm=-1

Wang Lee Hom (王力宏)

David Tao and Wang Lee Hom are both heavily influence R&B (plus hip hop in the case of Wang) and are not bubblegummy, in the technical sense of the word.

They are anything but bubblegummy but it's a good thing you included their Chinese name because I had no clue who we were talking about. I honestly don't think I know many artists English names.

gato, Jolin Tsai definitely falls within my tastes. I hadn't heard of her before until now.

I am aware that Tao and Wang are not bubblegummy. I guess the gum comment had much more to do with my J-Pop and American pop tastes.

My Chinese skills are not yet advanced enough to use their Chinese names, so I both found out about them and refer to them in the English name context.

Did you ever hear Lonely China Day (寂寞夏日)? Check out

, for instance. I went to their concert a while back, and I was impressed. They also appeared at SXSW a couple of months ago.

PS: I would tell you what style it is, but I don't know a word for it...

Gato, I was looking for some music to listen to.

I've listened to about 25ish songs, and only liked two or three.

I like the song you've provided, thank you. Now to understand the lyrics, I'll try to understand.

A question

This is going to be really vague but there's a song and the guy keeps saying:

"Welcome to my world" or something similar. He says it in English.

Anyone has heard this song.

Anyways, would be really neat if more people could provide more song titles so that we can discover new music.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are two rock bands, both from beijing I beleive. 木马 and 周先生. Both are fantastic indie rock outfits and well worth the listen. Muma is more rocky, but with pretty interesting lyrics. Their latest CD, 果冻帝国 is awsome. Mr. Zhou is laced with great beats and has a very unique and interesting musical style. These kinds of things you just have to listen to.

By the way, that wild monks guy, hes actually pretty good at chinese.

• 2 weeks later...

流行的音乐 (popular songs)

artists

王力宏, 潘玮柏, 林俊杰

songs

心中的日月

背水一战

就是我

来电

花田错

东风破

江南

高手

简简单单

声东击西

不得不爱

also, learn how to use baidu, since many of the Chinese songs can not be downloaded from American p2p websites.

if you need help using baidu, post a question here and I will help answer it for you.

• 1 year later...