Chinese-Forums

Electronics in Qingdao

ipsi()

G'day all, I've recently arrived in Qingdao (lovely city :) ), and I'm wondering where the best place to shop for electronic gadgets (I'm looking for a Palm Treo of some variety, as my PDA seems to have just died...) is.

Also, my girlfriend's family (whom I'm staying with) just had the internet installed (not solely for my benefit, her mother doesn't use it and so had it disconnected when her daughter went overseas), but it's ADSL, not cable which is just generally better. It's also a **** USB modem, which hurts even more. They didn't supply a router, just the **** modem. Is it possible to buy a router somewhere for it? I've got no desire at all to have to sit in the living room to use the internet because the cable isn't long enough... Or because I can't use wireless, or what have you. I've got no idea which provider I'm with, as it was all handled by a friend of the family who doesn't speak English.

Anyway, thanks all :)

Surely someone must have an answer to these questions? Oh well.

After having been around a few mobile phone stores in Qingdao, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells Palm stuff. Seen a number of Windows Mobile devices, but no Palm devices. How annoying. According to the Palm website, there's somewhere in Weifang that does, which is probably my best option for now.

Still stuck on the modem issue (why can't I live somewhere with Cable access? This is so much slower than what I had in New Zealand it's depressing).

You can go to Jusco, one of the main department stores, or to Taidong. I was at one electronic store in Taidong and found a pretty decent digital camera, although beware, some electronics are more expensive in China than other countries.