Chinese-Forums

Need some help with a rpg game

SeekerOfPeace

Hello everyone,

I got my copy of 幻想三国志 but I don't know how to start the game.

I mean, I don't know what I'm supposed to click. I don't want to start clicking things at random and screw everything up.

Which ones of the following buttons should I click:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Etienne11/1231313321.jpg

I tried the first one but it doesn't work.

It seems to check out something on the internet, but then it doesn't work.

The thing is, the computer I'm using for games isn't connected to the internet.

Is it possible that I need to have the internet?

Urgh!

The installation worked fine but when I click the first button on the left it says it only works with windows 85/98/XP/2000!

I have windows VISTA!

I've been trying to browse the net to find a patch to run the game under VISTA but my mandarin isn't good enough to find one.

I'd rather find a solution to this by myself, but if someone could somehow find a link to a patch, that would be really awesome.

Thanks.

Thank you for the links, Rootfool,

Unfortunately the problem is that I'm trying to run the game under VISTA, which is why I'm trying to find a patch for the game.

I don't think it's a protection issue, but rather a problem with me trying to launch the game with the wrong version of windows.

Maybe it's just plain impossible, but since I got the game, I still want to give it a shot.

What I don't understand is that the game won't launch at all. But I get different mistakes depending on which ''windows'' I choose in the compatibility mode:

Capture04.jpg

RooFool,

Thank you.

This is the first one, so I doubt it's compatible with the patch.

I do have one more question for you.

If I use ''Virtual PC'' do I need to have Windows XP installed?

I already purchased Windows VISTA and I don't want to purchase another windows just so I can run one game. It's just too expensive.

If I use ''Virtual PC'' do I need to have Windows XP installed?

unfortunately the answer is YES.

I already purchased Windows VISTA and I don't want to purchase another windows just so I can run one game. It's just too expensive.

so I think you can have only two solution:1)buy fs2/fs3.2)buy win95(the cheapest).

I have the same problem with 仙剑奇侠传3问情篇. Starforce won't let you pass the piracy protection screen on Vista. Instead of letting pirated versions run on Vista, they decided to disable legit copies on Vista. Their driver update does not address the problem. It's entirely a Starforce issue, the game itself should run once you get passed Starforce.

Try it with a no-cd crack.

Virtual PC uses an emulated graphics card, and runs (if at all) very slow for most games. If you have a second harddrive, I'd recommend duo-booting XP and Vista. However, installing XP after Vista can be tricky.

PS: found this:

VMWare might have boosted their virtual graphics driver somewhat. I will test it tonight and let you know.

Thanks a lot to both of you.

I'll be looking forward your results with VMware, Quest

Virtual PC doesn't work for me. It actually requires the new OS to be installed.

There's no way I'm going to purchase an older OS when I just got VISTA.

It's, strange (to use a euphemism) that their games won't work on VISTA, how weird.

Quest, if I did use a No-CD crack, wouldn't I still have the same problem? I mean, do you reckon the game would work fine if I bypassed the Star Force protection?

I contacted Star Force and they said that the compatibility mode doesn't work with their games!

here's no way I'm going to purchase an older OS when I just got VISTA.

Instead of installing the old OS or fooling with all these patches, if you are in China, why don't you get a new version of the game that works on Vista? Wouldn't that be much easier?

I just sent you a PM, Quest.

I used to have windows XP but I got some virus (700 of them).

I'm currently trying to launch the game from my parent's computer (as mine is done for).

I bought my computer in a store in China with windows XP but I never got a CD.