Chinese-Forums

Need some help with a rpg game

SeekerOfPeace

I think at this point, your only solution is to install an older copy of windows that the game supports (if you choose to do so, make sure you know what you are doing), or give up... I gave up trying to get 仙剑3问情 working on Vista, and I do not have a second partition/harddrive (IDE slot) to install xp.

I think 幻想三国志2 has a starforce crack. You can try that game if you can find it.

A lot of problems Windows has had in the past was because they wanted to support older software. Apple, on the hand, decided NOT to support older software and have a fresh start when they did the OS X upgrade. At some point, you just have to let go.

My other 10 year old games run just fine on Vista. Starforce injects something into the system to detect invalid copies and cd images. Vista is more secure it won't let them do it the old way, and the game is old that neither Starforce nor the game company would release an update.

• 2 years later...

hi all,

i'm having problem with one of my chinese rpg game. i managed to install the game successfully. installation is in chinese which i used njstar to read but when i started playing the game, i can't read anything which the characters are saying in the bubble text. it's either blank or i get characters like "ĕąûõ"..

pls help as i tried to email to the support team & even posted my problem in their forum but no one ever reply.. :conf

does anyone know what is the problem & how i can solve it? i'm using windows vista.

thanks for your kind help.