Chinese-Forums

Action film - a new generation

skylee

This is the poster of the film "Invisible Target" (男兒本色), which is everywhere in HK. The guys are, from left, Jacyee Chan (房祖名, Jacky Chan's son), Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒, son of a famous HK actor of the 70s), Shawn Yue (余文樂) -

2007060809591130022.jpg

And it reminds me of the poster of "A Better Tomorrow" -

U1584P28T3D1495407F326DT20070327182030.jpg

Actually it should be 房祖名 (not 明). The story of the name can be found here -

成龍的兒子房祖名今年初決定踏出娛樂圈時,當時的名字還是「陳祖明」,不過後來卻突然改回祖姓「房」,並把「明」換成「名」,改以房祖名三個字闖蕩演藝圈,據悉,這樣的改名建議是來自一位台灣的知名算命師謝承武,八卦的是,當初陪同房祖名前往算命的還是她的緋聞女友戴佩妮,顯示兩人關係確實「好得很」。

謝承武老師表示,當初是房祖名主動提到,說老爸成龍曾提過,當初爺爺是為了躲避禍害,才會把「房」改成和他們毫無關係的「陳」姓,不知道這樣會不會影響後軰。謝承武認為不該隨便更改祖姓,因此強烈建議房祖名改回祖姓「房」,同時把名字裡的「明」也改成「名」,對於未來人生事業才不會造成負面影響,結果後來房祖名果真聽進去了,當然這也可能是綜合其他算命師的建議所做出的決定。

That begs a whole new set of questions, like what trouble did grandpa get into, and why did it help to change his name? Never heard of the surname 房 before, but can't be that rare. And so 成龍 changed his name once more, from 陳 to 成? Also interesting that Chen/Cheng/Chan junior keeps Chan as his surname in his English name.

A documentary has actually been made on the life of the grandpa. The film is called "Traces of a Dragon: Jackie Chan & His Lost Family" (龍的深處:失落的拼圖). You can find the story in this link -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traces_of_a_Dragon

This is from the official website of the film -

Jackie Chan knows all the tricks of movie magic, but it’s only two years ago that he learned about his family and himself.

The Hong Kong-born superstar has always thought that he was born to a simple family, with a hard-working father and a soft-spoken mother, in poverty stricken Hong Kong in the 1950s. He thought that he was his parents’ only child, and that his surname was Chan. When his mother’s health was failing, his father decided to tell him the true story of the family: his parents’ backgrounds were anything but simple; he has some lost brothers and sisters in China; and his real surname was not even Chan!

This film traces the story of Jackie Chan and his lost family, and pieces together the extraordinary childhood that he and his siblings experienced. As we go deeper into the jigsaw puzzle, we discover that Jackie’s father was a spy for the Nationalist Party in Chiang Kai-shek’s regime, and that his mother was far from a simple housewife. We also witness the sadness of young children being abandoned by their helpless families during that turbulent period when China was experiencing the two World Wars, the civil war between the Communists and the Nationalists, and the tragic Cultural Revolution that changed heaven and earth.

OH but we are not talking about the new generation at all! :twisted:

OH but we are not talking about the new generation at all!
No, we're wildly off-topic, but I read the wikipedia article and wow, that is one interesting story, thanks for sharing the link.

I saw the film today. There are lots of fighting, chasing, jumping, glass shattering, etc. But is it a good film? Is there anything special? Is it even exciting? I am not sure. Personally I don't think it is up to my expectation. I suppose I wanted to see something that is really exciting, like "A Better Tomorrow", "Infernal Affairs", "PTU", "Old Boys", and many of Stephen Chow's films. Something that makes me call my friends right after I leave the cinema.

I couldn't find that something in this film.