Chinese-Forums

hotel near BLCU

celine

I'm not sure about cheap but I'll tell you how I've managed to survive thus far (going on 2 weeks now). I booked 3 nights at the XiJiao Hotel which is literally next to the BLCU campus, It's more expensive than a lot of the other hotels in the area but I picked it mainly for it's convenience. There's a little passageway right next to the main XiJiao hotel building which you can get through, this takes you onto a small road. If you continue walking for 5 minutes you are at the West gate of BLCU I believe (I think it's the west gate). I shared a room with my friend for 3 nights where we managed to talk the managers down to 360 a night when originally the price was around 680 per night (if you share a double room with someone it works out much cheaper).

We decided to stay 3 nights so we would have time to find an apartment to rent, which me managed to do in 2 days amongst attending class and getting to know the area. We picked up a modern 3 bedroom apartment for 6 weeks which is massive just on lin da bei lu. It takes around 20-30 minutes to walk to class every morning and 5 minutes to the uni or wu dao kou by taxi which will be anywhere between 10-12 kuai each way.

Hi!

I will be there, too! Starting this September I will attend BLCU for 10 months, and like you, I am looking for a hotel to stay in, as I don't wanna live in the university...I rather would like to find my own apartment. If you have found a good hotel by now, maybe you can let me know. I will keep searching, too.

Guess I will see you there :)

Sarah

Hello ladies and gents,

I'm also coming to BCLU in September for a short-term stint of studies in Chinese. I've been looking at flats mainly through thatsbj.com and there are some available near the uni.

If someone here wants to co-rent a larger flat with a 26 year old semi-civilized Finnish student, let me know. Sharing contact info for the coming fall would be nice as well.

-m

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i studied in beijing for more than a year...and during the stay i rented out an apartment in the centre of Wudaokou known as Huaqing Jiayuan for 7 months. You can easily just go to the agencies on the apartment complex and ask around. Keep in mind that different agencies have different apartments, although sometimes they have the same..but yeh just ask around..u can also find cheaper apartments like Furunjiayuan which was on the other side of BLCU for a little cheaper and also nice..just not as convenient to wudaokou as HuaqingJiayuan. but yeh good lucK!!. i miss mine soo bad =(

• 7 months later...