Chinese-Forums

Chinese Word Processing Programs

Hammer

Hi all,

I am new to the forums so if I have posted this in the wrong section first off let me say I'm sorry!!

I live in Australia and have been studying chinese part time for about 3-4 years. A colleague has given me a whole list of chinese adjectives and verbs but they are in pin yin and I want to convert them to characters.

I would utimately like to set it up in a table format with the characters, pin yin and the english equivalent.

Can anyone recommend a chinese word processing program that may be able to help me?

Thanking you all in advance for your help

Hammer

Believe it or not, you can just use wordpad or Microsoft Word with the Microsoft Chinese IME (Input Method Editor). I've used NJStar, but I think using MS Word with the IME is even better, because the input algorithm is much faster (based on the pinyin, it can intelligently guess which characters you mean, so you don't have to select from a menu of characters like you do in NJStar).

Here you can get the Simplified Chinese IME:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=B91AC197-FFA7-45A7-B1E1-C3457E1B0C1F&displaylang=EN

Traditional Chinese IME:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=959EB2A2-FAC3-4443-999B-8BE12734A596&displaylang=EN