Chinese-Forums

Accomodation near Peking University (BeiDa)

Pink-Pink

Hi Everybody,

I am going to Beijing this Aug to start studying in Peking University (BeiDa) for 1 year. Unfortunately, I have not got any clear information about the accommodation.

At the first time I am looking for in-campus accommodation, but even the uni itself encourages me to opt off-campus instead. They said the in-campus accommodation is rather expensive; or the ordinary rooms are always fully booked.

So I tried to contact the current student and she suggested me to stay at HuaQingJiaYuan with the price range 3000-5500RMB/month, depends on how many rooms I get (one or two rooms).

Sadly that's the information I have right now - I want to know further whether there is any apartment or rented room with a lower price, perhaps around 1500-1800RMB/month, and where is the nearest area with my uni.

I have tried to search from this forum but I find most of discussion related with accommodation near BLCU, while I heard the distance between BLCU and BeiDa is not close.

Really appreciate if somebody can advise me. Many thanks!

BLCU and Beida are close enough that anything that applies to accommodation to one will be true for the other, more or less. Huaqing Jiayuan is one of the more expensive - perhaps the most? - place in the area.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply - appreciate it.

After browsing thru this forum, I found most peple got information about rented apartment directly from landlord or classified ad.

I only find the website www.sublet.cn providing such info.

Could you or somebody please tell me where else I should browse thru?

Many thanks!

Off the top of my head - wuwoo.com, zhantai.com, thatsbj.com, cityweekend.com.cn, 5i5j.com - all either classifieds or agency sites in Chinese or English. That'll give you an idea of what's available.