Chinese-Forums

favicon

freefall

The reason I want one so bad is because I'm using only favicons in my bookmarks toolbar to save space.

800px-Firefox-icons.jpg

(Slightly outdated, I've got lots more icons now!)

See the one on the end followed by 'cf'? That used to be my chinese-forums link. Now I've gone ahead and added onebir's icon which is a definite improvement.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I can see why this would be an issue for anyone trying to use only icons in bookmarks and so on, so I've generated a favicon from the first image I had handy. I've been meaning for a while to get a 'proper' logo done for the site so if I get around to that I'll get a favicon done at the same time. Until then, this will suffice.

You may need to reload / clear your cache to get it to appear, but it's coming up ok for me.

onebir, I like that 中f of yours. It's compact but very clear.

For anyone who wants to play around a bit here's a link to an online tool for making favicons from image files. http://www.favicon.cc/? I found out by playing with this tool that it's pretty hard to make a favicon that's actually readable at 16x16 pixels. Here are some experiments I did just for fun. Can you guess what they are? Four favicons at the bottom of the post.

Spoilers cover the answers.

The Great Wall

Galaxy in space

My grand piano at home!

Says 听说. 听 right side up tilted left, 说 upside down tilted right.

1543_thumb.attach

1544_thumb.attach

1545_thumb.attach

1546_thumb.attach