Chinese-Forums

Secret 不能說的秘密

skylee

I've also allowed .srt filetypes, atitarev. However I think it might be worthwhile just attached them as .txt anyway - that will be clearer to everyone, and anyone who wants to change it to .srt will know what to do, whereas lots of people might see .srt and not know what it is.

Thanks, Roddy.

Here are the subtitles (Chinese Simp./Trad., English), they are soft subs, rename to .srt to use with movie files. Encoding - Unicode.

If you have a program to use torrents, here's the torrent file to download (RMVB format, 368 MB, built-in Chinese S. subtitles):

不能说的秘密 Torrent

Enjoy!

secret.chs.txt

secret.cht.txt

secret.eng.txt

• Like 1

I have just finished reading some of the script (the 1st) half hour. It's very easy to read.

Not sure about some words and expressions:

1. 那你?What about you?

2. 你很爱学人 Stop copying me!

3.美眉 must mean "chicks" (literally: beautiful eyelashes)

有啊,我只是不想让你分心而已

少来!这么多美女都影响不了我了

Yeah, I didn't want to distract you.

How can you? No girls can distract me!

2. 你很爱学人 Stop copying me!

It means you sure love to imitate/copy others with kind of a cut it out annoyed meaning.

3.美眉 must mean "chicks" (literally: beautiful eyelashes)

Have you ever heard of an MM? The abbreviation for 美眉. Pretty much a hot girl

有啊,我只是不想让你分心而已

少来!这么多美女都影响不了我了

少来 means more like "cut the crap".

1. 那你勒?What about you?
Looks like a typo for 那你了/那你呢?

美眉: my dictionary doesn't have this one, I suspect this is a newly developing word, that was originally written 妹妹. Pronounced mei4mei4 it means little sister, pronounced mei3mei1 it can be pretty girl.

Thanks, guys.

The name of Chopin is rendered as 萧邦 but the hard subs have 肖邦. It seems the latter is used more frequently.

Overall, I am not sure how different the written dialogues would be from Beijing but I don't find too many differences. The bicycle is called 脚踏车, not 自行车. Particles 啰 and 喔 are used quite often, no idea if this is only typical in Taiwan.

Thanks for the link, Skylee, I am still confused. If I understand correctly, the traditional text usually uses 蕭 and the simplified 肖 but the traditional character 蕭 has a simplified version 萧. Is this similar to the usage of 什么 vs 甚麼, where 什 and 甚 are considered different characters if you use dictionaries), not the S/T versions of each other but the usage of they are still used as if they are S/T?

--

EDIT:

I read this link, which was mentioned in the other discussion. It explains it.

The official simplified form on the mainland of 蕭 is 萧, not 肖. However, probably because people are confused many have chosen to use 肖 instead of 萧 regardless of the official simplification. As stated in Xiandai Hanyu Cidian: 肖 - 姓 ("萧"作肖)。 It is a 俗寫.

Also take a look at the chinese-chinese dictionary entries on this page -> http://dict.iciba.com/%E8%82%96/

Particles 啰 and 喔 are used quite often, no idea if this is only typical in Taiwan.

It is. Taiwanese use a lot of o, lo, a, la, ei and ye (耶) at the end of their sentences. It can give a cutesy effect to other Taiwanese, and makes them sound somewhat 娘娘腔 to mainland Chinese.

Thanks for explaining about 肖, Skylee.

In Chinese Wikipedia, the correct spelling of Chopin's name is considered 肖邦 (the page must have been created by authors from mainland), there exists a redirection page for 萧邦/蕭邦. It's usually done for alternative spellings.

I thought at first 肖邦 should be pronounced as Xiàobāng, not Xiāobāng.

耶 was used as well. Lu, I may keep asking you about the differences between mainland and Taiwan Mandarin. :)

You know, I think, in fact there are many more particles and interjections used in speech but they are not always written down in Chinese, maybe not to spoil the tone of the dialogues?

• 1 month later...