Chinese-Forums

The best dvd shop in shanghai ?

JohnSmith1980

Hey,

I am going back to England soon and would like to stock up on my dvd collection before going back.

I have quite a large collection already so I am really looking for the ultimate dvd shop in shanghai that I can find some non-mainstream films that are not in some of the smaller places.

If anyone has come accross a good dvd shop please enform. Much apprecitated.

Chris

There is a good one on 宣化路, near 江苏路, where I found a fund non-mainstream Chinese, Japanese, Western titles, such as "牯岭街少年杀人事件" directed by Edward Yang, "阳光灿烂的日子" directed by Jiang Wen, and "生死劫" by 李少红. Also bought Stanley Kubrick's "Barry Lyndon" and French new wave movies from the 1960s.

The shop is near a 家得利 supermarket.

http://ditu.google.cn/maps?f=q&hl=zh-CN&geocode=&q=%E4%B8%8A%E6%B5%B7%E5%AE%A3%E5%8C%96%E8%B7%AF%E5%AE%B6%E5%BE%97%E5%88%A9&sll=31.214637,121.433687&sspn=0.02694,0.040169&ie=UTF8&cd=1&mpnum=0&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best one was called 大自鸣钟电子市场 or is called 宜康电子电器市场, which by the intersection of 宜昌路 and 西康路. No matter you want can be found, and the sellers are nice to reserve for you.:)