Chinese-Forums

the most popular comunication software on line(e.g.:MSN,AIM,QQ ,etc.) in your country

xxj2422042

you know, the most popular chating stuff on line in China is QQ ,and many people also use MSN ,UUCall and others to chat with people on line!

i want to konw the most popular stuff in the other countrys?

Any ones?

As far as I know, QQ is only used in China and South-Africa (due to claims of IPR infringements from Tencent Coy in Shenzhen).

It's also the biggest spam machine that I know, and it's absolutely not safe nor secure to use.

Else, from my point of view, the most common chatting applications worldwide would be MSN (= Windows Live Messenger these days), Yahoo Messenger and Skype.

The latter being the most secure as it uses an encrypted means of chatting and calling.

Skype is cheap, but it's worth noting that there are cheaper options available if all you're looking for is to call landlines/mobiles cheaply. The one I currently use is VoipBusterPro, which, while nowhere near as feature packed as Skype, is cheaper for calling out. I'm sure there are other options out there as well.

• 1 month later...