Chinese-Forums

ZDT 0.7.0 beta 3 available

bogleg

The new ZDT is out and available for download.

It has a couple of user requested goodies in it so please check it out and provide some feedback.

What's new since 0.7.0 beta 2

• Custom import will now import a better percentage of entries for S P D and T P D patterns.
  • Self Review mode improvements. Can now show more than one aspect (character, pinyin, definition) on a card at a time. Also, users can now score themselves on the test.
  • User database can be changed without restarting application.
  • Special characters (like spaces, periods, commas, etc) can now be included in pinyin and character fields.

Please check out the ZDT blog for a full list of changes. Thanks!

Chris

It's getting better.

However, it could be perfect if the situation depicted below could be avoided (i. e. zdt would not strip off the "。。。" when auto-filling in the traditional hanzi; if I add them anually, the entry will be accepted).

1318_thumb.attach

I previously reported a problem with using handedict and adso in Beta2; well: the problem is still present in build 07b3a (see screenshot below, which is fom 07b33a).

However, I discovered how to fix it: zdt (I guess when launched for the first time) creates a ".eclipse" folder in my home directory. Now, if the error strikes, I just have to close zdt, then delete this folder, and restart zdt. zdt will recreate the ".eclipse" folder, but: the problem is gone! After some runs of zdt the problem will eventually reemerge, though. Deleting the ".eclipse" folder will fix it again.

1321_thumb.attach

• 2 months later...

I have a strange vista(?) bug aswell. The program runs just fine and at the beginning it was working perfectly. Then I added another category and when I decided for once to study just this one, I realised that no matter what, It tests some other but not the one I choose... I mean I start the session testing category X, that has 78 cards, but then it says that it has "Card:120 Left:20" and the cards are not the ones in my category...

I know my description is not of much use, but if there is something I can do to make it more clear, I'd like to help... (I'll be offline for the next 7 days so forgive any delayed replies)

Btw the program is wonderful!

Yeah, this is a strange one that has been reported to me by one other person. Can you send me a log file if this happens again? If you try with the rc5 build, you can use the Help > Report Bugs function to gather some of the info I need to debug with.

Chris