Chinese-Forums

ZDT: showing wrong hanzi?

Saturday

Just found ZDT and I think it's seems to be a really handy tool for my mandarin learning.

But, there is a problem. Dunno if someone else have had experience with this, but it would be nice if someone could assist.

:help

Shows like this:

When I am using the flashcard feature some of the Hanzi are all wrong, but when looking up the "stroke order" the hanzi is shown in a correct way. Why is that? And what can you do about it?

fel.jpg

Cheers!

FWIW: I can reproduce this problem (zdt 070b2).

It does not only show when using the flashcards tool, but also when using the dictionary tool. Trying to enter 冷 in the dictionary search field (using Vista's 'Chinese (Simplified) - Microsoft Pinyin IME') results in zdt immediately replacing this handzi by 'Saturday'.

(This is not a problem of Vista's IME, since it correctly works with other applications, such as Notepad or OpenOffice.)

This is the Arial Unicode MS version of leng3 (cold). I always wondered if it was strictly wrong, or just based on an unusual rendering of the character. But it is annoying enough that I replaced the MS Chinese fonts wherever I can.