Chinese-Forums

frankrss

What is "Special Chinese":

www.specialchinese.com

The goal of this site is to communicate by radio in clear and simple Chinese with people whose native language is not Chinese. It helps people learn Chinese while they learn about Chinese life and stay informed about world news and developments in science. It can help you to improve your vocabularies, listening and speaking skills quickly!

The Elements of "Special Chinese"

It has a core vocabulary of 5500 words. Most are simple words that describe objects, actions or emotions. Some words are more difficult. They are used for reporting world events and describing discoveries in medicine and science.

Special Chinese broadcasters read at a slower pace, about two-thirds the speed of standard Chinese. This helps people learning Chinese hear each word clearly. :)

www.specialchinese.com

Is this site meant for people who are at intermediate/advanced level of Chinese comprehension and reading? I've listened an article "世界第一高人" and a pace of reading wasn't problematic for me. But it seems to me that broadcasters' reading is too quick for someone, who is on beginner level of Chinese comprehension and reading.

But generally speaking, it is very good site for learning.:)

Hello madizi, this site is more for people who have intermediate/advance levels, so it can improve their vocabularies and listening and reading skills. In fact, this is a slow radio program, maybe we will think to make it slower.

As I said before, a pace of reading is not problematic for me and others on intermediate level. I just thought that it is too fast for beginners. But now I see that it is meant for intermediate/advanced level.

You could made two tracks: one with slow reading for beginners and one for intermediate students (the one that is already there).