Chinese-Forums

Expletives, Swear Words Thread ... *worried*

geek_frappa

It's vocabulary, some people want to learn it and the thread is clearly marked in the title,so go ahead. Do me one favour and use *&&^&^^'s in appropriate places, to avoid office firewalls or some search engines taking offense. Apart from that, it's no f*(King problem.

Personally, I avoid learning any offensive language. I've got enough trouble avoiding confusing the non-offensive terms I know, the thought of getting normal language mixed up with swearwords doesn't appeal. It might mean I can't understand what people are saying sometime, I guess . . .

Roddy

PS If there's something you want to bring to my attention, it's generally best to pm me or post in the Suggestions / Announcements section. At the moment I don't have time to read everything on the board, so I might not see messages posted in-topic.

小弟弟 can also mean penis. I've gotten into trouble talking about my little brother in the past.

打飞机 is to masturbate.

倮倮 is one of my favorites. Its an insult particularly to minorities. It sort of translates into "uncivilized," or "barbaric." If you say it to a minority person its pretty harsh, but friends say it to each other as a joke if someone does something ridiculous -- 你太倮倮!. Miaozi is another one, but I don't know the characters for it.

cao neh in Kunminghua means "disgusting." I'm not sure if the character is the same as the one which means F*ck in putonghua or not.

土包子 is a deragatory term for someone from the countryside. A "dirt dumpling."

I like learning slangs and swear words, but most of the ones I've leared are in the local language. This thread could be fun. :lol:

I don't think it pays to be ignorant to swear words. You may not realise a word you are using is as harmless as you thought it was; you may not realise a word you are using has a double meaning, or you may not realise when someone is swering at you!

with that being said, let the foul language begin!

After pestering a "Nice Chinese Girl™" for literally weeks, just to get one swear word out of her, I was shocked when she finally told me this:

Zhen ta ma de hao kan!

Looks as good as your mother!

She said you can use it for many things, e.g.

Zhen ta ma de hao chi!

Tastes as good as your mother

.....and so on.....

has anyone else heard of this? I heard this when I could barely speak any Chinese, so I'm not sure if it's correct or not. Needless to say, I never spoke to that girl again...... just kidding. :D

For a little brother you can say 我最小的弟弟, but if put in context it's not really a problem to say 小弟弟.

Which brings me to another problem: I was told a penis is called 鸡鸡 ji1ji, but when I used that I was totally laughed at. Apparently 鸡鸡 is a word for very small children. But then what is a normal, usable word for it?

But, back ontopic:

他妈的 ta1ma1de, lit. his mother's ..., can be used for everything.

Words for f*ck: cao4 (can't type it! zenme hui shi!), 干 gan4, and someone told me ru4 (can't type that either) is also one, written the same way as cao4.

Masturbation: 自己打自己, 自己摸自己. But that last one's not really bad.

I don't think Roddy would have much against this forum. I considered that too, but as long as you don't use it to just be rude. Actually, when I first moved into my Chinese apartment, and my vocabulary was limited to "I want to go to" and "I want to eat dofu" http://www.chinese-forums.com/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif (will get back to this) I overheard some words from old ladies who would talk very uninbitedly infront of me, because they knew that I wouldn't understand. Then when I understood I was shocked!

So, I want to eat dofu is not so much rude as it is: I want to make out with someone "吃豆腐“

Next, you have the fabulous world of "bi" The bi seems to be missing from both my phone and computer input. Bi basically translates into 'cvnt'

niu牛 bi - means wicked, awesome,

sha (stupid) bi - well, you can figure that out yourself

tu 土 bi - Well, same meaning as above, but it relation to being a farmer, which coming from a rural area, I somewhat resent the from line of 农村 insults。

I have only used sha bi in serious context once, and the situation was perfectly justified.

You can use it to add emphasis, in less formal settings, but as said, you need to be really careful. If I am really trying to make a point about how stupid something or someone is, I always excuse myself by saying, "I know I shouldn't use this word, but, I do think its the most fitting"

I though 吃豆腐 refers to men taking advantage of women in a sexual way??

...Chinese slang is so hard! I can only remember 打飞机

How do you say someone has big boobs? Because last time I went out and my friend said some guys were commenting on my set but didn't want to explain what the exact wording is.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a book by James Wang called "Outrageous Chinese: A Guide to Chinese Street Language." It's a thin book and doesn't pretend to be comprehensive or scholarly, but it does contain vocabulary for a lot of pretty strong language and some amusing stories about ways in which foreigners get themselves snickered at. It seems to be out of print, but Amazon has it used and you might be able to find it in other places.

While looking up the author's name, I saw that one Amazon reviewer thought some of his slang was out of date. I'm not an advanced enough speaker to know.

I have a similar book from when I was learning German, called "Wicked German." There is a whole series of these, but there doesn't seem to be a Mandarin one yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I though 吃豆腐 refers to men taking advantage of women in a sexual way??

...Chinese slang is so hard! I can only remember 打飞机

How do you say someone has big boobs? Because last time I went out and my friend said some guys were commenting on my set but didn't want to explain what the exact wording is.

=================================

:mrgreen:

In cantonese, 波霸 is used to describe women with big boobs,

reign-boob :shock: