Chinese-Forums

Expletives, Swear Words Thread ... *worried*

geek_frappa

how do you pun swear words in mandarin? my professor told me about one time he went to a pub in china and they served old wine, they laughed and called it HAO JIU ... or something like that...

(apparently nice wine, but if you looking at the context, he meant quite sarcastically "stinking old" wine.)

anyways, bottom line is that i am looking for mental exercise to help improve my retention of mandarin; swearing and punning is one of my methods.

.... so the more puns and swearing, the merrier.

(btw, if you're angry at someone, feel free to use this thread to curse and swear without being rude (if that's possible).)

which reminds me, how many people needed to wash their mouths with soap and water after the japanVSchina match?

*raising my hand*

Okay, I do have some but allow me to apologize for my language first!!

1. Cao ni ma= F#$k your mother!

2. Cao Shi= Eat S@$t!

3. Ta ma de= Oh S$#t!

Wow!! I better go wash my mouth out with soap!! :lol: I know more but thats it for now!!

Kunminghua has a fun one for f*ck. There's no character for it, and I can only approximate the sound. It's something like "rrrzhhhh" You use it the same way as "cao."

So you can say

"worrrzhhhh" instead of "wo cao" if you're in Kunming and impress the locals with your mastery of obscure regional slang!

For big boobs, the way they say it around here is 大奶,the big milk. They also say 掉下奶 for drooping ones.

8)

二百五 (250) seems to be some sort of insult too. Not sure if it's universal. I heard it a lot when I lived in Hunan, but don't hear it here in Guangxi.

I was never able to find out why 250 might be insulting.

Speaking of insulting numbers: 三八 is another one, for bitchy women. I also know where this one comes from: 3-8 (March 8) is International Women's Day, so a sanba would be a women who is a bit too feminist.

Speaking of insulting numbers: 三八 is another one, for bitchy women. I also know where this one comes from: 3-8 (March 8) is International Women's Day, so a sanba would be a women who is a bit too feminist.

speaking of 三八, some people use 54385438(wu5 si4 san3 ba1, wu5 si4 san3 ba1) as password, which in Chinese pretty much sounds like 我是三八,我是三八。(wo3 shi4 san3 ba1, wo3 shi4 san3 ba1)

Hehe, not me.

What dose that password mean exactly?!
speaking of 三八, some people use 54385438(wu5 si4 san3 ba1, wu5 si4 san3 ba1) as password, which in Chinese pretty much sounds like 我是三八,我是三八。(wo3 shi4 san3 ba1, wo3 shi4 san3 ba1)

Hehe, not me.

since 三八 means bitchy women, then of course 54385438, means @I am a bitch, I am a bitch@

For explanation only :nono

about 二百五,there is another story.

In the Warring period of Chinese history, Su Qin was a very persuasive talker, he was the Prime Minister for six countries. Unfortunately, he was assasinated in the Kingdom of Qi. The King of Qi was very angry at this, and he wanted revenge for Su Qin, but he didn't find the murderer for a long time. Eventually, he came up with an idea. He put up a notice in the country saying that Su Qiu was actually a spy, and that the person who killed him would be rewarded 1000 liang(Chinese weight measurement) in gold. Soon after this, four people came forward to claim the gold. The king warned them to be honest, but they insisted that they were the murderers, the king was very angry, "Take these four 二百五 out, and behead them at once!"

Thanks for clearing that up!! :clap If I hear someone say that to me I can rightly kick their jewels!!! :lol: And what is "bo ba?! I may be spelling it wrong but thats how it sound when I heard a guy say that about me, he was saying it to me and smirking so what dose it mean?! :conf

Sassy

3. Ta ma de= Oh S$#t!

Everyone's always told me that as "f8ck" (oh, f8ck or f8ck it). But I'm such an innocent young boy I wouldn't know :roll:

:help

The quote function on this board seems different from other boards. How can I put someone's name as the quote author?

• 2 weeks later...

The following pinyin represents some popular Chengdu Sichuanhua cursing. I don't don't how these are associated with Chinese characters, or with stardard Putonghua.

gua2 xi4 xi4 liou4 = Stupid!

hou2 pi4 = Stupid!

gua2 mi4 guaya liou4 = Stupid!

sunn4 cou4 cou4 liou4 = Strange!

(The n sound in the sound sunn, is extended, so represented with a double n. This phrase has something to do with penis, but I don't know. All the English translations might be clarified more. I've written just what Chengdu people have told me they mean in English...)

terr2 mi4 terya liou4 = Foolishness!

-----------------------------------------------------

More Sichuanhua?

biyao ma ngo4 = Don't curse me!