Chinese-Forums

Expletives, Swear Words Thread ... *worried*

geek_frappa

Conventionally, chinese mothers are the most common victims of swear words. When they feel extremely angry, chinese like to link every bad things with other mothers.

There's some standards form of these dirty words, like 操你媽的屄 (cao ni ma de bi // 屄 is written as B conventionally //Literally mean: fxxk your mother's puxxy. ) and 幹你娘 (gan ni liang / lit: fxxk your mother ) .

However everybody can freely make a different combination. I've googled a curse over A-Bien (taiwan president), saying 你和你媽都是民賊, 是個臭婊子(you and your mother is a traitor, and bad-smell bitxh!).

These are extremely offensive, and dangerous to use. Two men may fight each other because of these curse. I met a british a few years ago and told me he knows only one cantonese phrase, i. e. "屌你老母臭花西" ( Fxxk your mother's bad-smell flower puxxy)

Though i knew he didn't intend to be hostile, I felt shocked with that, warned him to use these words carefully.

• 1 year later...
葛亞輝(美國人)

I know these are the first english words a lot of foreigners learn...anyone care to help a miscevious chinese student? I've been taking chinese for a year and obviously I can look up words in a dictionary, but that's not the same as knowing how to use them...pinyin with tones and characters would be great but I'll take what I can get

hope this isn't offensive or anything. and for people who are interested, I have learned some (weird) chinese curses from Firefly...(if you haven't seen the show, watch it, it's great[/])...here's a guide for proper pronuciation since the actors are pretty bad...

http://www.browncoats.com/index.php?ContentID=42e83b412a309

you can just listen to the song 超强绝骂 for some swear words, test your listening comprehension...etc

my personal favorite swear words/骂人的词 are 操你大爷,得儿, 狗篮子,傻B....

of course there's always

二 B

早泄

为哥

鸡吧人...

贱货

臭三八

婊子...

in general the chinese language is definitely not lacking in the profanity/cursing department

IMHO, a non-native speaker should refrain from using swear words. In many cases you may not understand the impact you may cause. It may seem funny hearing the taxi driver using those words, but they are seldom up the ladder.

Even in English I never use the "F" word (the one that spells similar to "duck"). It's already overused by too many people anyway.

I remember once being in a German pub and an American had the German word "?otze" in nearly every sentence, loudly spoken. Obviously he was not aware that this was an extreme high impact word.

My chinese friends dropped shabi like it was going out of style. It was seriously used as every particle of speech that I could think of. *shrugs* I guess I don't find much offense over harsh language... I think maybe it's a product of the younger generations.

I've heard this:

xia(i think it was xia and not sha) 鸡巴, 你看什么看? and same thing only 你让什么让?

Best explination I could get was like... "you dick, what are you looking at/what are you doing." I think you can do the same thing with shabi too.

On a seperate note - It seems like the Chinese have about a billion combinations of numbers that mean stuff, I can't keep track of them all! I always provide a good chuckle for my friends though when I use them in conversation.

I believe it means -- and this is only my belief -- "go fcuk XXX's smelly cunt!"

"kan ni" - maybe "gan4 ni3" ie "go fcuk". but this is my supposition only.

"nabe" - no idea what this is. this is the mysterious XXX. maybe it means "your mother".

"chao chibai" I know means smelly cunt.

Could be a Hokkien/Malay creole phrase. I wonder if Taiwanese speakers use something similar, since Minnan is very similar to Hokkien.

Incidentally, some of you may remember when a Taiwanese legislator I think publicly accused Singapore of "carrying China's lampa (balls)" because Singapore kind of apologized to China for an incident where the Singaporean Prime Minister visited Taiwan without notifying the mainland. Taiwan also called Singapore "pisai" - lit. "nose shit" because Singapore is a tiny country.

It was one of those rare instances where Hokkien expletives came into the mainstream media. All the more awkard because most Singaporeans are Hokkien speakers and understood exactly what the expletives meant.

I was told Wuhan people had the best swearing. I quite liked “ge ban ma” / “ge ban ma ni de”, forget what it means but rather rude and I’d wager a fair few RMB that the “ma” is mother.

“Your mother’s scar”, “Ni ma na ge bazi” was another I think.

I also admire the querrelous tetchy phrases, I guess these are the ones immediately preceding the swearing: from memory, apologies if incorrect, but:

“you mo yang ni a” I think meant “what’s it got to do with you” (close to “whatta you looking at?”), while “ni he laozi”, I think “you’re scaring your daddy”, suggests either “ooh I’m scared” (I being the daddy) or “what you’re saying is so ridiculous your daddy would be scared”.

Would be interested to know if these are right.