Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

Normally when a photo is attached to any official document in China it'll be stamped when in place, so the seal is partially on the form and partially on the photo. This prevents anyone replacing the photo at a later date.

dru86, I'm also from BC and I've a question for you.

On the application instructions on the bced.gov website it says under the "educational background" column that a chinese language student "will pursue Chinese Language as a major". I'm assuming that the "major" would be the 1-2 years in China, or does this mean that they only accept people wanting to do an undergraduate degree in Chinese language?

Thanks for your help

That is for Chinese Embassy use only.
Nope, it's for the hospital that does the medical. You put your photo there, and they need to stamp it with their stamp.
Their stamp is required for you to enter China.
Nope. They couldn't care less about your physical exam when going through immigration (or any other forms). They will only look at your visa in your passport.

fsutalltree,

As roddy and imron both said (Hi, guys!), you get the people who "stamped" the pages of your Physical Exam form to also stamp your photo - half on the photo and half on the paper. It's like those old-school-red-wax-seals/seal stickers on the back of envelopes to make sure the letter isn't opened and tampered with - except for your photo. But I don't think it's a crucial thing (if it's too late to go back to get it stamped).

---

arbigelow,

If there are no other viable options, that would probably be what you want.

---

Almost 200 posts! Oh, sweet baby Jesus! Am I hardcore or what?! (Admins and anyone else with more than 200 posts are not allowed to answer that question unless the answer is, "Yes, you are hardcore.") I've decided - for my 200th post, I am going to also attach pictures of Pez. Ok? Good. Ok. It's not like you guys had a choice anyway. roddy, imron - DO NOT DELETE THE PICTURE OF MY DOG ON MY 200TH POST!

We'll also need a model release form.

Seriously though, congratulations on upcoming round numbers. There's no doubt there are people in China now who either wouldn't have got here, or who would have got here at considerably more expense, if it wasn't for all the info here. Good work!

Bedan Adjuster,

There must have been some kind of miscommunication, because that is never used by the Chinese Embassy. The Physical Exam form is never in the hands of the embassy and can therefore never has the chance to be stamped by them. You are only supposed to send copies to them and keep the original with you at all times and treat it like your passport. Every Physical Exam form I've seen DOES have a stamp on the photo - and it's done by the hospital/clinic.

About the photo -

What kind of photo are we suppose to put on the application and physical exam? (should it be professional or can it be simple random headshot). The space is pretty small, and I don't particularly have any recent photos of that size.

About the letters of recommendation -

I've got 2 letters so far, one from my Chinese teacher and one from my coach here at the university (I played soccer) who carries a significant amount of respect amongst the school, which I hope CSC will recognize. Anyways, I'm not sure who to ask next. I don't really feel I know other teachers, or anyone else with a respectable position well enough to ask for a recommendation. I mean I know teachers that have liked me, but its been awhile since I last took their classes. Any suggestions?

evasiege

As far as I know, any kind of picture would work (color/BW/studio pictures/ some of those "instant pictures") But I would recomend to go for the safest, so try getting the ones you would normally required for any official porpuse, and the size... for the phisycal exam I think I used "tamano Credencial" (credential size?) I have no idea the names you would use for pictures where you live, but if you go to s photo studio, just ask the next after the smallest one they have :lol: that might work.

the safest path, take the form to the studio and ask the guy which size fits the best:roll:

And for the letters recomending you, that would be fine, I got one from my Foot ball Head Coach, but the second one I got it from the .... "main guy incharge of the Mecatronics carrier of the Universitie" even though he doesnt know me personaly, few teachers talked good about me, so he acccepted to sign the letter (I wrote the letter, he didn't have time :roll:). try making one of your teacher that liked ou alot or know you better to talk to some one with a "cool title" in the school, hardly ever they would refuse to help you out.

Edited by Rubjar

hi guys

i have asked this question before but didn't notice a specific answer....i'm from the UK but currently studying for a (self-funded) bachelors in BNU.

I would like to touch base with other Brits who have applied for the CSC scholarship to undertake a Masters....is there such a person here? I would just like to ask a few questions about the application process, i have contacted the London CN Embassy but they are less than helpful (don't seem to know anything about the scholarship!).

I hope to apply for next year so any help would be great!

thanks

cj

Cj,

I am applying from the UK, but as a general language student as opposed to doing a post grad. It might be worth you looking at:

http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/ce/cebe/eng/ofzz/

The UK seems to have little to do directly with the CSC scholarship, and instead applications seem to go directly through the EU consulate. The site above might not be of direct help in terms of applying directly for a masters per se, as the application instructions seem to cater for those wishing to just do language study, but but it is worth checking out to see if they can better point you in the right direction.

Jon

Hello everyone!

Right now I am in shanghai trying to apply for this scholarship just as a general chinese scholar. This thread has been amazing and I've figured out pretty much everything i need to know to fill it out until now. I am still confused on who can be your guarantor. What does this mean, and do they have to be in China? And do they actually contact them? I'm pretty curious if any of you who have guarantor's for other people, whether or not you have actually been contacted. But, I'm still having difficulty deciding who to choose, so if any of you could help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

kellaneym,

according to extrapages, a guarantor could be anyone who is in China that can be contacted in case of emergency or something happens. I am pretty much sure that the guarantor should be in China as well.

Since you are already in Shanghai, most probably you have a friend there whom you can be your guarantor, so that would not be a problem at all for you.

Edited by Bedan Adjuster

Awesome! Thanks Bedan Adjuster.

I have one more question,

What needs to be photocopied? I understand original documents should be a notarized photocopy, but do i need to actually put extra photocopies of certain parts of the application in? I read this somewhere, but now i think i might be confused. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

kellaneym,

Please read this carefully.

1. Keep all your original documents with you. Do not send them for your application.

2. Have at least three photocopies of all your original documents. You may need more when you are already applying for the visa so keep them available.

3. Notarized those photocopies of the original documents except for one set.

4. The CSC needs 2 copies of the required documents. The first set should be notarized photocopies, while the second is just a plain photocopy (not notarized).

Go for it. Deadline is fast approaching.