Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

supergoh,

Why would you send them your application if they have no idea about the scholarship? Maybe you should ask them to whom they will forward your application so that you have at least an idea if your application reaches the right person.

Hi! I'm the boyfriend yueni mentioned a few pages back.

I'm still unclear what address in DC this needs to go to. I've yet to hear back from Mr Liu as to whether the address changed. I noticed that a poster a few pages back had success with the old address, but my package was not deliverable (via UPS) for some reason. Did UPS just screw up? Does anyone have any information about the correct address in DC? The deadline is quickly approaching, so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

RE: The DC Embassy Address Fiasco, I just sent an email to the company I used to get my visa when I went to China a couple years ago - I figure perhaps they know something about where the embassy has gone to. I will post here if and when I get a response!

(It should be fast - they were amazingly quick about getting me a visa last time!)

I tried e-mailing Mr. Liu as well a few times over the past several weeks and have yet to receive anything back. However, I sent my application to the address extrapages has been giving out and according to USPS it "arrived". I have no idea if it went into the rights hands or not. :conf

extrapages,

We are talking here about the application for the year 2009. Applicants from the Philippines in this thread made it either last year or two years ago. But the most important to note is this year. As I have said, the embassy used to help applicants but NOT this year.

salipot,

Explore other options. Try calling the Chinese consulate in Cebu for this matter if they can help. I will update you if I get useful information from other sources.

I am done with my medical. I got mine from Healthway The Block since my mom has a friend doctor there. I got mine for free but I paid for the laboratory exams.

Please be informed that most of the deadline for the scholarship is 30 April 2009. You must act quick to be considered. God bless.

Here is the contact information for the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy:

http://www.sino-education.org/english/contactus.htm

If you read back a few pages, people mention a Mr. Liu Jiangyi, who is also listed on this page as being a Sino-US Educational Affairs and Chinese Language Affairs Officer, and so I am going to have to agree with a few pages back that said to address it to him.

Hey all,

A little while ago some of us were talking about how applying directly through universities with the "Chinese Government Scholarship Postgraduate Study Program" seems to only allow 1 year of language study before transfer into degree study, whereas applying through the embassy for the regular "Chinese Government Scholarship" gives up to 2 years of Chinese study.

As I mentioned before, I applied for both to up my chances, (one through D.C. and one directly through Xiamen University). As soon as Xiamen got my application, they emailed me, and we've exchanged quite a few emails since then. In the end, they recognized that I was applying for the scholarship, but told me I could only get 1 year of Chinese study under it, and that this was in conflict with my study plan of having 2 years of Chinese before transfer.

I then told them that I had applied through BOTH routes, and I included links to the Chinese version sites on both that clearly spell out how one of them gives 1 year while the other gives 2 years. I told them the other application would be forwarded to them by the Chinese Scholarship Council in a few weeks, sorry for the confusion of applying to both, please wait for the other application to arrive, etc.

I have a feeling the person reading it was like, "What the heck is this? Why are there 2 different versions of the Chinese Government Scholarship?" Hopefully they won't throw a fit when they receive my other application from CSC.

In a way it might work out to my advantage. If I only had the one application directly to Xiamen, they might think I would come whether or not I got the scholarship, so why award it to me right? On the other hand, if they see that I'm also being considered by Zhejiang and BCLU through the embassy-based application, they might think I'll go somewhere else if they don't award it to me. I'm a little anxious with all you guys who are also waiting for a little more professionalism from D.C. We'll see what happens. I just wanted to let you all know how the direct application through a university was received.

-Menyawga

I just got the following email back from Mr. Liu. It seems the Connecticut Ave address is not correct:

刘江义

中华人民共和国驻美利坚合众国大使馆教育处二等秘书

Mr. LIU Jiangyi, Second Secretary, Education Office

Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United States of America

地址/ADD:3505 International Place NW, Washington DC 20008

电话/TEL:202-495-2258

传真/FAX:202-495-2257

分工:中美双边教育交流、汉语推广

Can someone please tell me the minimum words for the study plan write-up that is required for the scholarship application for short-term language study?

Also, are reference letters a requirement for short-term language study?

Thanks.

Jason G,

EFFING AWESOME! Thanks for posting that! Is there anything you need from this end? Do you have a guarantor?

I'm sure the applications already sent to the old address have been forwarded. And for those who have been waiting, you still have time to send it before the deadline.

---

zsp29,

There is no "short-term" language study. One year is minimum. Why don't you look at the application. It will answer your questions.