Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

Hi everyone,

Congrats to all those who got the scholarship.

I also learned I got the scholarship (to BNU) over the phone but has anyone who applied through the DC embassy actually gotten the acceptance package yet? The guy I talked to said they would be sending it out in a couple of days, but this was last Wednesday.

Also...I've received no emails or anything. What is going on?!

Hi all,

I applied through the LA consulate and received my packet today. It is surprisingly thin! I simply have a JW201 form to apply for a visa, an acceptance form from my school, registration and airport pickup info from the school and a map of the school. When you get your packets, please let us know if yours includes anything beyond this.

Another odd thing is that the scholarship amount (partial vs. full) is not marked anywhere, nor is there any specific form to accept the scholarship itself. There are boxes that could be checked for the scholarship amount on both forms, but the boxes are left blank. Do I go ahead and check them myself? I'll be happy to give myself the full scholarship! Anyone from last year no if there is anything wrong? I emailed some questions to the consulate in LA and will report back on what I hear.

Where are you going, jawshoowa? In my packet, I got the JW201 visa application all filled out (including the fact that I was awarded a full scholarship) and an admission form from BLCU that included the length of time my award is good for (1 Sept 2008 to 15 July 2009), the fact that I have a full scholarship, where I am supposed to register and what dorm I am in.

I do not have any airport pick-up information. Does BLCU shuttle students to-and-from the airport? That's pretty much it, just two sheets of paper in an envelope...

I got accepted by Wuhan University as a General Scholar in the program of Chinese Language taught in Chinese (thats what it says on the admission letter). Does anyone know what exactly this means?? I applied as a language student, but I have finished 2 years of undergraduate studies already. Nevertheless, it says that for a general scholar you must have completed two years and study any major except for chinese language...

Thanks for the reply Yueni.

I will be at BNU, so our packets may differ slightly. My JW201 does not have the box checked that you mentioned, but it does have my school and the length of stay. I called the consulate and they said I have full scholarship, so if anyone else has an unchecked box, don't panic!

As far as my university info, there were three separate sheets. One is the acceptance letter, one is a map of the university with an address (presumably to give to a cab driver), and one is a yellow sheet with all the registration information. The yellow sheet includes a section on how to arrange an airport pickup through the university.

Jiayou everyone, and see some of you in Beijing?

Is there anyone else who still hasn't heard from the DC embassy?? I've been calling Mr. Fang's office at the DC embassy a few times a day (thanks for the number doki doki!!) and he hasn't picked up or responded to my voicemails. Is anyone else in the same boat... or does anyone else have a different contact person that they've successfully reached?? Thanks... i'm starting to feel really desperate...

This morning i FINALLY got through to the embassy!!!!! I got a full scholarship to BLCU! Thank you so much extrapages, and everyone else who has helped keep me sane these last few months!!! I can graduate to the "questions after" thread!

I'm still waiting to hear and maintain hope that the lack of communication is one of disorganization NOT rejection. I did call several people and leave messages. Anyone out there who can make me less stressed? Does anyone think that not hearing anything is a sign of not getting the scholarship?

mengaimei, I'm in Estonia (Europe) and also waiting for the results. The organization that is coordinating the scholarship thing here has promised to inform me whether I get the scholarship or not.

so we can assume that some countries still don't have this information and silence doesn't have to be a sign of rejection :)

When I emailed my contact, he told me that recipients would be informed between late July and early August, so there is still time, though they are really cutting it close this year!

I did end up getting the scholarship on 22 July though. However, all the stamps and dates on my visa and admission papers were dated from June! These guys are really quite disorganised.

Well, I got the info that they can give me the final results in the next 1-2 weeks (!!), but the think (think?!), that I got the scholarship.

Not the clearest answer you could expect. And it doesn't lower my blood adrenaline levels.

Has anyone received their packages from DC yet? I'm worried with all the Olympics hoo-haa that getting visas taken care of will take longer than usual. I'm also worried that, given how things have proceeded thus far, all our info and forms are just sitting on someone's desk at the DC embassy with no action being taken.

Yueni: Did you apply through the CSC scholarship EU window in Brussels? coz the results fomr there are online since 23rd of July....just in case. I found out on 28th when I finally got through to them by phone, they told me results were online....