Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

menyawga,

Congratulations! By the way, to clarify things for all the applicants here, what scholarship did you get? Is it CSC Scholarship or a scholarship administered by Xiamen University?

Thanks. Congratulations once again.

For those who applied to Nankai, I saw they had a stack of around 30-40 scholarships there, they also had a printed list so it seems they have made their selections already. Unfortunately I didn't see my name on the list.

I just deduced that if they didn't even have my name then there not a likely chance of having a scholarship there.

Edited by benhadad

Has anyone received the "official" answer from any embassy?:D (not saying that getting e-mails from the universities themselves does not count, I wish I get one of those too :clap)

Edited by Rubjar
misspelling

@Bedan Adjuster,

I don't know yet. I applied to both, and I know that other people who applied for the regular one through the embassy have heard directly from universities before, so I'm not sure. If it turns out that it's only the 1 year language study one, they seem reasonable (pretty hard to get hsk6 after just 1 year) and will hopefully be willing to let me keep the scholarship for 1 extra language study if I work with them. I'll let you know when I find out more.

My friend just told me that she received an email saying that she had received the scholarship! Sadly, I haven't received an email saying yay or nay yet, positively on tenterhooks!!!

加油!I'm crossing my fingers for all of us!

I am so horribly nervous waiting for these results. I don't have a plan B; so if I don't get thie scholarship I am pretty much in big trouble. Oh well!

Still crossing my fingers for Nankai..... but I'll take my other two schools as well. But I really, really want Nankai.

Just notified by e-mail from the Chicago consulate that I've been assigned to BLCU, which, oddly enough, wasn't even on my list*. They say it's still somewhat flexible, though, so I'm trying to see if I can be sent somewhere else -- too many English-speaking foreigners at the university and in the surrounding area. At least I know I've got the scholarship, though. :mrgreen:

Anyway, does anyone know about courses the scholarship students can take at BLCU? Would the intensive course be open to me? If so, I'd be considerably more willing to attend.

*Is it possible that I was rejected by every single school to which my application was sent? If I'm really that unqualified, why would the Chinese government bother giving me the scholarship at all? Did they simply decide for me? Why is this process so mysterious?

Edited by aristotle1990

aristotle1990,

Congratulations! Yeah that's odd. But if you noticed, it has been said many times in this forum that NO one really knows the process CSC is doing in processing the applications as well as in selecting the scholars more so the schools they assign.

Nevertheless you got it. It's still free education regardless where you study.

I just received word! The Houston Consulate gave out 28 scholarships including me!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum! Extra Pages, you are so kind for helping us! I hope we can all meet up at some point and celebrate!

I am assigned to Tianjin Foreign Studies University! I am happy because I spent a summer there with a study abroad trip with FSU and now and I visit my old sweet laoshi!

Any word on best method of sending your passport to the embassy to receive your visa and get it back? Do you have to send in a partially completed visa application too?

Next year they'll probably just ask Extrapages to send them a list of the most deserving folk . . .

Congratulations to those who've got the good news.

Any word on best method of sending your passport to the embassy to receive your visa and get it back? Do you have to send in a partially completed visa application too?

Oh look. You're all graduating from CSC applicants to fully-fledged students now. The forum is your oyster.

Congratulations to all who have received the scholarship already

A friend of mine and I applied through the embassy in DC as well and we still have heard no word. Has anyone tried calling to find out the status? If people are finding out from the consulates, that would make me think that the list is out and they know in DC and are just dragging their feet in sending out the results. I don't want to inundate them with calls, however, if others have called recently and been told to wait.

The anticipation is terrible!

A friend of mine and I applied through the embassy in DC as well and we still have heard no word. Has anyone tried calling to find out the status? If people are finding out from the consulates, that would make me think that the list is out and they know in DC and are just dragging their feet in sending out the results. I don't want to inundate them with calls, however, if others have called recently and been told to wait.

They* do know. The list of next year's BNU scholarship recipients (the vast majority of whom are Koreans), for example, has been posted in the foreigners' dorm for weeks now, and when you are notified is up to the knowledge/timeliness of the consuls.

*Admittedly, "they" is a little ambiguous -- the individual schools almost certainly know, but some consulates may not.

UPDATE: Some confusion -- I was just told that the placement is final, and was given a chance to accept or reject the offer as is. BLCU '09-'10, baby!

Anyway, PM me if you want to meet up or something.

Congrats to everyone so far! Reading back through the posts from this time last year, it seems that DC was last in sending out notifications then as well. I am so, so nervous though. I can't remember reading about too many people here saying they didn't get the scholarship, but it seems more competitive this year. :conf

Good luck everyone!! And I *fingers crossed* hope to see some of you in either Tianjin, Qingdao, or Harbin...

@aristotle1990

If it is true that the results are posted in the Dorms already then what prevents all of us from getting a current student to forward us a list or post the list?

I suppose I could head over to Nankai and Tianjin University and see if they do indeed post it, but I have a feeling it might be hard to find if you don't know where to look.

If a list is posted in the Nankai dorms, I am going to guess that it would be on the wall to the left of the front desk in Yi Yuan 2. There always seemed to be lists of some kind or another posted there. I never spent much time on the Tianjin University campus, so I can't help much there. I do wish I had the email address of the lady in the admissions office I was good friends with, I'm sure she'd just tell me.