extrapages

CSC Scholars 2009-2010

1. jereme88 - Harbin Institute of Technology

2. fsutalltree - Tianjin Foreign Studies University

3. Evasiege - South West Jiaotong University

4. Menyawga - Xiamen University

5. aristotle1990 - Beijing Language and Culture University

More to come...

If it is true that the results are posted in the Dorms already then what prevents all of us from getting a current student to forward us a list or post the list?
If it is true, nothing but laziness. But now I'm not too sure; it's a list of "2009-2010 BNU foreign scholarship students", but it could be BNU's own scholarship. This is all very confusing. :help

For those who found out in addition to your name location can we have the following information

1. When did you apply

2. What consulate

3. What schools

4. What those chose for you

5. When you found out

6. How you were notified.

Also I went by Tianjin's dormitory but didn't see any list hanging up. I asked around and someone said they had a list before ( a couple of weeks ago) but wasn't sure if it was HSK results or scholarship.

Since it seems that Washington DC has not informed anyone I was wondering if we can keep track of the progress by having someone call everyday for the group. This way we won't flood them with call, but keep up to date. I know my friend called Wednesday 7/15 and they told them they didn't have anything.

I was planning on calling tomorrow (Friday DC time) and will post what they say.

I got it!!!!!!!

I received an email at 3:48 PM that was very generic (as in, doesn't say where I'm going and I assume was sent to a lot of people) saying that on behalf of the Chinese embassy they are glad to inform me that I have been selected to study in China.

I am so excited I could cry. Aaaaah yay. :clap I will update back when I find out where I'm going! (my choices were Nankai in Tianjin, Ocean University in Qingdao, and Heilongjiang University in Harbin)

Well I heard from a friend that got an email around 2pm from W DC and said he had gotten in. Once again a very generic letter.

We sent our in together so it might not be looking too good for me right now :-?

Anyone heard from SF?

For my friend:

1. When did you apply: they sent the application on April 15.

2. What consulate: Embassy in Washington DC

3. What schools: Nankai University, Tianjing University

4. What those chose for you: Don't know yet

5. When you found out: July 17 around 2:00pm

6. How you were notified: Email from the embassy

Edited by benhadad

I suppose I should answer these questions:

1. When did you apply: I sent my application on April 20.

3. What schools: Nankai University, Ocean University, and Heilongjiang University

5. When you found out: July 17

Congrats to everyone else, and hang in there benhadad! No news yet isn't necessarily bad news.:D

WOOO!!! I just found I got the scholarship this afternoon from D.C.

The email I got is, as someone else has mentioned, pretty generic, but at least I can start making plans now ^_^. It says:

"On behalf of Chinese Embassy, I'm glad to inform you that you have been selected to have a Chinese Government Scholarship to study in China. Congratulations!

As we still need some time to get your admission notice, visa application form and other materials sent by China Scholarship Council, we will update the latest information in a few days. please keep a close watch on your email."

I'm actually not even 100% what the specifics are of the scholarship but 不管什么我十分兴奋!大家,尤其是extrapages,多谢你们的帮忙!

Congratulations to all the new scholars!

KIndly update the list I made a few posts back for the people to see how successful this thread is in making CSC scholars. (Kudos to extrapages for a job well done for two consecutive years)

I'm very happy for everyone who got it.

IN! Same DC email... Somebody at BNU gave me unofficial word over the phone a few week ago so I figure it's there.

Question for Extrapages and all the other old heads who still stalk this thread: do official paper materials come to the permanent address or the current address?

Thanks to all yall who helped with this thread over the years, 'specially Ms. Pages!

Also: congrats to yall who made it, good luck next year and keep studying for those who didn't (this is my second round applying)!

Edited by bigtops
I like to edit stuff

I got it!!! As with others, the email didn't give details, but I have the scholarship and am seriously psyched! Thanks to all of you who have helped with this process and especially to extrapages for all her work on this forum. I doubt I would have gotten this if it weren't for this forum and extrapages.

1. When did you apply: April 15 approximately

3. What schools: Xi’an Jiaotong University, Dalian Maritime University and Xi’an International Students University

5. When you found out: July 17 around 4:40pm EST

I will post later with more info when I know more.

Edited by Meshaq7

Yep, I got the confirmation e-mail today as well. I'm already on the list, but I'll give the details anyways.

1. When did you apply - 8th of April

2. What consulate - Washington D.C.

3. What schools - 1. Southwest Jiaotong (Chengdu), 2. Sichuan University (Chengdu), 3. Zhejiang Uni. (Hangzhou)

4. What those chose for you - SW Jiaotong

5. When you found out - early July from school, July 17th from D.C.

6. How you were notified - emails

Does anyone know what kind of information the embassy sends you? I know there is admission notice and visa, but do they give you more specifics about the school and living in general, or is that something you have to sort out through the university?

BTW, I didn't know extrapages was a girl... :-?

Just to update the list:

CSC Scholars 2009-2010

1. jereme88 - Harbin Institute of Technology

2. fsutalltree - Tianjin Foreign Studies University

3. evasiege - South West Jiaotong University

4. Menyawga - Xiamen University

5. aristotle1990 - Beijing Language and Culture University

6. erdbeerbaum – Hauzhong Normal University in Wuhan

7. jacki – school unknown

8. yiming – school unknown

9. bigtops – school unknown

10. Meshaq7 – school unknown