Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

1. When did you apply: April 15 more or less

2. What consulate: Embassy in Washington DC

3. What schools: South West University of Finance and Economics, Sichuan University, Southwest Jiao Tong University

4. What those chose for you: Don't know yet. I think maybe I am NOT going to my third choice (SWJTU) since someone here was notified by the school that they were enrolled and I was not.

5. When you found out: July 17 around 3:40pm

6. How you were notified: Generic Email from the DC embassy

Hurray!!!!

Congratulations to Bedan Adjuster and to all the American scholarship winners! I'm one of the European applicants - I still have not received any communications regarding the scholarship but am on the list of 100 'pre-selected' students from Europe on the Chinese Mission to the EU's website. Hoping for the best next week!

That's cool Bendan. Actually, I had preferred to study/live in Taiwan, but couldn't meet the deadline for that scholarship.

Is it possible to apply for the Taiwanese government scholarship later having already received the one in China? Also, anyone know if you can resubmit an application for your masters when you are still studying as a language student. I was debating applying for the masters right off the bat, but wasn't quite sure when, where or what I wanted to study, and feared the masters scholarships would be more competitive and I would end up screwing myself both ways if I didn't get it. I have to start planning beyond next year. :roll:

Got the same generic email as others here notifying me that i have received the scholly, but not what institution I will attend.

So, to fulfill my obligation for extrapages assistance, I can say that a prior background in the US DOD is not a disqualifying characteristic.

Thanks to you extrapages and the whole community for the assistance.

Congratulations to everyone and thank you for this forum.. I have applied through the spanish embassy and we do not have any news yet .... so it was great hearing from you and be sure there were no news about csc scholars across the atlantic ...

we just know through one e mail on may that we are pre-selected :conf but we do not have details about the universities, programs, studies, etc ... we also hope the best for this week (some of the spanish preselected met in Facebook :D)

I will let you know and many thanks again.

That's cool Bedan. Actually, I had preferred to study/live in Taiwan, but couldn't meet the deadline for that scholarship.

Is it possible to apply for the Taiwanese government scholarship later having already received the one in China? Also, anyone know if you can resubmit an application for your masters when you are still studying as a language student. I was debating applying for the masters right off the bat, but wasn't quite sure when, where or what I wanted to study, and feared the masters scholarships would be more competitive and I would end up screwing myself both ways if I didn't get it. I have to start planning beyond next year.

evasiege, the deadline for both scholarships are almost the same. If you made it to the CSC deadline, you should also meet the Taiwan scholarship deadline. The required documents are almost the same so you should just duplicate your documents.

I think it is possible. The two governments won't bother to ask the other if an applicant has previously received the other.

I really don't know if a language student can apply for master's while you are still a language student. I think the general rule is that when it is not explicitly restricted, it is possible. I agree with you that applying for CSC scholarship for masters and any scholarships for masters are very competitive.

I also use the information in this forum in applying for Taiwan scholarship as most discussions here are general and can be applied to other scholarships. Thanks to the whole community.

I ignore how many people visiting this forums applied trough any LatinAmerican government, but as for Mexico, we are waiting too for the results:-?, I think no one will care if the final result is positive:clap (but still, I think this is one of the events I have waited for the most since I was 6 years old hoping Christmas would come soon when we where still in mid February of that year:roll:)

Anyone else get another email today asking to confirm their mailing address? I thought it was interesting that they asked through email - I sure wouldn't want to be the person matching email addresses with applications. :D

I got accepted!! They made me sweat first though... I saw that everyone got acceptance emails on last week Friday from D.C. and I didnt get one, so I assumed that I did not make the cut. I opened my email today though and I got an acceptance email this morning at 9:30AM asking for my address, and then another email at 2:00PM asking me for my address again. I thought that I was impatient... Anyways, for those who did not get an email on Friday, check your inbox again. For applicants next year, here are the answers to those questions:

1. When did you apply: March 15

3. What schools: ECNU, BLCU, and I honestly dont remember what my third choice was.

4. What those chose for you: I do not know, I am guessing that I won't find out untill I receive my packet in the mail.

5. When you found out: July 20 around 9:30am

6. How you were notified: Generic Email from the DC embassy

Also, I would like to thank Extrapages and everyone else involved in this thread for the information given. I could not have recieved this scholarship without your help.

Bedan,

Yea, sorry about the "bendan" thing.

Anyways, I could have sworn the deadline for the Taiwan scholarship was March 31st and I didn't start the application process for CSC until the latter part of March. As far as duplicating the documents goes, my recommendations were all addressed to CSC and referenced China several times. I'm sure the Taiwanese government would have been a bit confused. Also, my study plan had specific references to China too so I would have had to rewrite that as well. Unless something else comes up I plan on teaching in Taiwan afterward anyways, if I don't decide to pursue a masters somewhere that is.

I'm in.

3.5 months after applying through the LA consulate I received a phone call (around 2pm PST), from a consulate employee, informing me that I've been admitted into Nanjing Normal.

Thanks to everyone for all their shared insights and information.

Well I have the details now... I've been accepted by Xi'an Jiaotong University with a full scholarship for one year! That was my first choice so I am very pleased.I had applied for two years so I was slightly surprised to receive one rather than none or two, but I am more than happy with what I got! Congrats again to all.

1. When did you apply: April 15 approximately

3. What schools: Xi’an Jiaotong University, Dalian Maritime University and Xi’an International Students University

4. What those chose for you: Xi’an Jiaotong University

5. When you found out: July 17 around 4:40pm EST for scholarship confirmation, July 20 for details.

6. How you were notified: Email from the embassy

This is odd, I emailed today inquiring into the status of my application. The gentleman in change of this at the DC embassy gave me a number to call instead of letting me know either way.

Naturally, no one is picking up at the number. ;)

Well, at least it's not a "no."

From what DC said all who have it have found out already. If you haven't been contacted you have not been accepted. I personally hate to know this is true, but according to DC too many people applied this year. According to the schools not enough applied, so who knows what really is going on. Perhaps just too many applied thru DC.

Hi everyone,

Glad to see that im not the only one struggling with the CSC scholarship :mrgreen:.

Did anyone of the EU applicants already receive any communication from the EU Chinese Mission? I only found out recently I was pre-selected by visiting their website. Does anyone know when they will start notifying people of their university of placement? As they have started to notify in the US it can not take that long anymore right?

Thanks for your reply!

Luo Kai

Now that I know I'm in, of course my mind is forever wondering which school I'm going to be sent to. I know that the workings of the CSC are pretty much strange and mysterious, but does anyone have any thoughts/ideas about how your school is chosen for you? I jsut really really really want my first choice school, and upon re-researching, do not at all want my third choice.... so I'm a little nervous about it. Obviously, at the end of the day I would still be being paid to go to China, so I would be happy with the third choice.... but yeah.

Anyone know anything?

@jacki

Try sending an email requesting more information to the email address from which you got the original generic DC email. I did that and in 40 minutes got an polite email back telling me the details of what I was awarded.