Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

I got it too!

1. When did you apply: April 22

2. What consulate: USA - Washington, DC

3. What schools: Nanjing University, Yunnan University, Qingdao University

4. What they chose for you: Yunnan University (For one year language study, though I applied for two)

5. When you found out: July 18 (Acceptance Email), July 20 (Follow-up asking for confirmation of my address), July 25 (Snail Mail with three pieces of paper: Acceptance letter/School Admission Notice/Visa Application Form)

6. How you were notified: Mass email, then regular mail

Now on to the visa process...

Good Luck! See ya around China.

Hi all,

I noticed that there are some people on the forum whom have opted out of the scholarship that they have received from CSC. That means that there might still be room for people like me who really wanted the scholarship but didn't get it. I still have not heard anything from the SF embassy on why they rejected my application. When I get a response then I will post it. So if there are any more people whom have chosen not to accept the scholarship that they have been granted this year, then please let CSC and or your embassy know as soon as possible so that those who have not been accepted may get a second chance. Thank you.

This is general posting:

I just found out from the SF Embassy why my applications was not accepted. The very nice and helpful lady stated the reason: too many applicants and not enough scholarships to go around. I asked in regards to being 2nd runner up should someone cancel out on their scholarship. She stated that the SF Embassy does not keep a waiting list, only CSC can do that and I think she also indicated that the universities can as well.

I just got told that the CSC has decided to extend my scholarship after initially being told that I was rejected. So I have no idea what the heck happened there, but I'll update as soon as I receive the physical information package from them.

I just got my packet in the mail today. I received my third choice, South China Normal University in Guangzhou. The documents I received are far from clear, however. I applied for a 2 year scholarship and it appears I received a one year scholarship instead because the dates given are from Sep. 2009 to July 2010. In addition, they seem to have forgotten to check the boxes stating whether I received a full or partial scholarship on both the admission notice and the JW201 as well. I am assuming I received a full scholarship as that is what I applied for, but I will have to contact the university to find out. Anyone else have similar issues on their forms with determining the length of the scholarship and whether it was full or partial? Also, it says that those receiving the full scholarship get a one-off intercity travel ticket. Anyone know what that is exactly? I was hoping the mailed packet would answer some of my questions, but it is just as vague as the rest of the process...

Hi Yaoshuya

I choose South China Normal University as my choice but now I don't receive documents from university so, I would like to know that you get contact from university before you got documents. Thank you.

Finally got my results in too!:clap

I'll be in Beida for the coming year under the EU Window CSC scholarship, so studying Chinese language. :D

Btw does anyone know when Beida wants people to arrive on the day stated (4 sept) or before the day stated? Sent an email to the uni but still no reply..

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking sarapao_na_ka, but I have not received any contact directly from the university. The materials I got were from the CSC and sent by the D.C. embassy, although the forms inside were filled out by the university. I am assuming that the university itself might send a packet as well, but it will arrive later as it is more important to get the visa documents quickly than the general information.

Got my information! The letter came monday so I finally called a neighbor and asked them to go check the mail for me!

I'm going to Heilongjiang University in Harbin, which was my third choice and I'm a little sad about it (particularly now that I know Harbin Institute of Technology is supposed to be a better school and I should have applied there!) but I'm sure I will love it once I'm there.

Thanks once again to extrapages and everyone else who has contributed to this thread!

Can I remind CSC applicants that discussion not directly related to the scholarship - ie, the visa application process once you're accepted; flights; finding apartments; etc - should not go in this topic. Next years applicants are going to have enough to sift through already. Look here.

Thanks for your answer Yaoshuya. ^ ^

You apply it under the EU Window CSC scholarship. That's right? But I don't apply under the EU Window CSC scholarship and now I don't receive any contact from university and embassy in my country. It makes me worry that I will not receive this scholarship.

To all applicants for next year from Southeast Asia, I have found a path to application for CSC Scholarship aside from applying through the Chinese embassies in your home country

CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2009**new**

Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship

Foreigner Physical Examination Form

Application Procedures for China-AUN Scholarship

The China Scholarship Council (CSC) offers 20 full scholarships for students from

the AUN Member Universities. The applicants must apply to the AUN Secretariat

within 17 April 2009.

For further information, please see the Directory of the Chinese Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Programme

and Application Procedures for China-AUN Scholarship or contact

Miss Salita Seedokmai

The AUN Secretariat

Room 213, Jamjuree 1 Building,

Chulalongkorn University,

Phyathai Road, Bangkok 10330 Thailand

Tel: (66 2) 215-3248, 215-3640, 215-3642

Fax: (66 2) 216-8808

Email: salita@aun-sec.org, secretariat@aun-sec.org

Source: http://http://www.aun-sec.org/archive/public_html/activities_within_dialogue_5.html

Note: This only applies to students from member universities of ASEAN University Network.

@ sarapao_na_ka

I was looking back at the postings on this thread from last year and it seems that some people found out that they got the scholarship as late as the first few days of August. I'm on the list of 'pre-selected' students from the EU, but have heard absolutely nothing so far. Even though many others have already been notified, I'm not giving up for another few days at least! Hang on in there.

I still haven't heard any news one way or the other, and I am ready to just move on with my life and make other plans. I've been calling the Washington contact's office number for the last three weeks trying to get ahold of the Washington contact, but I can only call in the morning because of the time difference with China, and there is never any answer and the voice mail is always full! I also emailed him last night, telling him I'd called, and got a reply saying I should call the number I've been trying over and over the past few weeks! It's extremely frustrating.

I just wish I knew why my application wasn't accepted. It isn't because I'm already in China, according to others on this forum - is it because I've studied Chinese in the past? I applied for the Chinese language program, so maybe that's it? Did I do something wrong in my application?

Another possibility is that I applied under the 'extended application deadline' that the contact from Washington D.C. emailed me and told me was put into place because a foreign diplomat visited D.C. right before the original deadline, and the whole office was unreachable. A friend who also applied under this new deadline called the office and got through to a woman who didn't know anything about the deadline extension, and said her application had not been received in time to be considered. So confused!!

Ideas? Suggestions?

Just wondering, having been awarded a scholarship as a general scholar for 1 year (EU window), would i be eligible to apply again for the next academic year should i wish to continue studying?

The reason i ask now is that i would need to get all of my documents sorted before i leave in a few weeks and would rather not spare the expense of getting things notarised if i would be automatically dismissed.

Thanks

Thanks Marco-polo. You make me feel better.

Today I receive E-mail from university. They told me that they still did not know the result of the Chinese Government Scholarship but never mind. I still waiting for this scholarship.

^ ^

1. When did you apply: March 18

2. What consulate: China Mission to the EU - Brussels

3. What schools: Xiamen University, Yunnan University, Ocean University of China

4. What those chose for you: Yunnan University

5. When you found out: May 14 (pre-selection), July 22 (Acceptance Email), July 27 (School Confirmation)

6. How you were notified: Result of pre-selection on the Mission website, Generic Email from Brussels, then mail

1. When did you apply: March 23

2. What consulate: Mission of the PRC to the EU - Brussels

3. What schools: Tsinghua University, Peking University, Beijing Normal University

4. What those chose for you: Tsinghua University

5. When you found out: July 31

6. How you were notified: I phoned the education department at the Mission of the PRC to the EU to inquire about the status of my application. The number is +32-2-7729572, ext. 8318.

Note: when I phoned the embassy I was told that everyone on the pre-selected list will be getting a scholarship. So if you're still waiting for news, don't be afraid to pick up the phone and ask for the result.

Thanks to extrapages and to all the other contributors to this thread. See you in China! :clap

Edited by marco-polo