Chinese-Forums

Living in Jinan University, Guangzhou ????

Bilee

My friends and I plan to study chinese in China. We will go to Guangzhou on 8 may 2004 to have registration in Jinan Univesity.

I have several question :

Must we live in the school's dormitory ?

if yes. To reduce expenses and make ourself comfortable (because we are foreigners in there), is it possible for us to share a room which is air-conditioned, private bathroom, 2 beds, and how much will it cost ? (Note : we are of different genders)

if we can't have a shared room. is it possible for us to have rooms that are next to each other which is air-conditoned, private bathroom, single beds, and how much will it cost?

May i have more information about the type of dormitory available with it's facility and cost ?

if No (for first question), is there any apartment or rooms for rent, which are within convenient distance from the campus?How much it will cost?is there any transportation between university and apartment?

if you have any better suggestions or advice, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely yours,

I think you should contact the University straight rather than asking random people on a forum, because the people at the University are bound to know. I am sure they can answer all your questions there.

However, if you live on the campus, I don't think you will be able to live in the same room or even next to each other if you are of different genders. I've understood that Chinese universities always have separate dormitories for men and women (or boys and girls, if you wish)... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.