Chinese-Forums

Free Handwriting Front?

holger

Hi,

I'm searching for a truetype font that looks like any average handwriting.

A fellow student and I coded this little german-chinese online-dictionary, which has earned us some local credit but is still not ready for being announced even to voluntary hepler-lexikographers. It will probably be opened to wider public within the next months to come. www.myorchi.de

There's a function planned for showing the standard computer character in the way it would occur in average handwriting. To help the user recognize handwritten script. Because it it somewhat frustrating to learn chinese characters for years and years and then despair over some simple handwritten notes.

What I'm not searching for is a calligraphy style font. There are numbers of beautiful artistic chinese fonts out there but they all have strokes that more or less start thick and end thin or are otherwise decorative.

But a common ball-pen produces strokes that are constantly the same thickness.

I know that handwriting is something very individual and every persons handwriting is actually unique. But in the end there are some common abbreviations resulting in actual abstractions from the most spread fonts that are common even to a mayority of writers. Is there any freeware font out there that looks just like what any person would write on his memo for any purpose??

(otherwise I'd be glad for any recommendations where to search professionals who design new chinese fonts)

Thanks in advance!

Try searching on the web for the fonts: 文鼎细钢笔行楷 and 文鼎中钢笔行楷. This thread contains links to a few sites with pictures of the fonts, however there are issues with the downloading, and one or two of the links now appear to be broken.

If you can't find them, I might be able to dig around my computer and see if I've still got copies of them.