Chinese-Forums

How many Chinese Character 汉字 Entries in the Xiandai Hanyu Cihai 现代汉语辞海?

Xi'Er Dun

I have just bought myself a thick copy of a Chinese Character Dictionary 字典, the famous Xiandai Hanyu Cihai 现代汉语辞海. My question is how many Hanzi character 汉字 entries are listed, in the whole book including appendix entries for dialect characters 方言字? (from cover to cover)

I was told at the Chinese Bookshop I bought it at by the shopkeeper that it had 90,000 character entries, so I bought it as this well and truly would satisfy my needs with even the obscurest and rarest of known variant characters that I have an interest in.

This would mean that it has more entries than the famous Kangxi Zidian 康熙字典, which was also for sale.

Is it true that there is 90,000 Hanzi 汉字 entries listed within the the thickness of the book?

谢谢您

Xi ' Er Dun 希尔顿 from Australia 澳洲

I have just bought myself a thick copy of a Chinese Character Dictionary 字典, the famous Xiandai Hanyu Cihai 现代汉语辞海. My question is how many Hanzi character 汉字 entries are listed, in the whole book including appendix entries for dialect characters 方言字?

It tells you in the preface of the dictionary.