Chinese-Forums

"moshengde pengyou" aka strange friends

xuechengfeng

hi,

anybody know where i can get this film? i wanna get this as a head start for my next chinese course at school, but i can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price (cheng-tsui.com was 45 and they said bad quality). any help?

thanks.

I think chinese concept of pengyou is not exactly the same as english friend. I sometimes argue on this...

how can a person that you don't know be your friend....

it's either a peer or an acquaintance... a friend is something else in english....

response?

ax

Talk about a small world. I take it that when you say you live in Columbus, I take it that you mean Columbus, OH. If that is the case, get in touch with me. I'm in Columbus and a chinese student at that. I have a copy of the tape and have watched it awhile ago. If you want, I could let you borrow it and you can make a copy of it.

It may take a while to get used to it, but it is a good film and a good help.

Get in touch.

Ryan

wow, really small world. i'm majoring in chinese at ohio state.. is that where you are studying??

i'm in 103 right now, and i want to get strange friends so i can get a head start on 210.

i'll pm u about getting in touch.

• 1 month later...

geez. REALLY small world. well i copied shi rui'ens tape, so maybe you could ask him to borrow his, or you could copy off mine.

if you have AIM my IM is keylomc3.

i don't wanna put out my e-mail so it gets spammed

peace