Chinese-Forums

Database Error

muyongshi

If you're using firefox, f5 does the same on a mac as it does on windows - it reloads the page. So basically if you get a database error, don't sit there pressing refresh until everything works, but go and have a coffee or something and when you get back everything should be back to normal.

• 4 months later...

http://www.chinese-forums.com/forums.php is giving me a Database Error when trying to load it. Weirdly, this page, and the front page both work fine. In fact, everywhere works fine except the main Forum Page... e.g. going to http://www.chinese-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4 works just fine...

The full text is: Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

Any ideas Roddy?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a few hours of downtime caused by the regular back-up process stalling. This isn't the first time this has happened, so I'm going to cancel the scheduling and run back-ups manually when I'm able to babysit it and make sure it does what it's meant to . . .

Apologies for any disappointment, anger, or mental damage.

• 11 months later...

Getting repeated errors at the moment, apologies for any annoyance caused. I've had a quick look and there are a couple of things I might be able to do to help, but as it's past midnight and a beer or two has been consumed I'm going to let you suffer for now . . .

• 5 weeks later...