Chinese-Forums

Cantonese Grammatical Particles (in Spoken Cantonese 粵語),and some off the topic stuff

Xi'Er Dun

Can someone (ie. a Cantonese Native Speaker) explain grammatical particles used in Spoken Cantonese 粵語 as it is written, and their usage. I have seen written Spoken Cantonese in magazines from Hong Kong 香港 and would like to be able to read more.

Some articles in Hong Kong magazinese are written in Spoken Cantonese but most in Standard PuTongHua 普通話 but in Traditional Characters 繁體.

I have seen articles where [乸]﹐ [咗]﹐[啲]﹐[哋]﹐[冇]﹐[係]﹐ [嚟]﹐ are used quite frequently.

By the way, I have seen in the Kangxi Zidian 康熙 these two Hanzi 漢字 [吔] and [吀]

I believe that [吀] was the Chữ Nôm [宁字 (one character) 喃] (Chu*~ No^m is your computer can't see Vietnamese) used for the "xin" in [Xin Chào -- 吀嘲]. I am still not sure of the definition and usage of [吔]. I have also seen that the Chữ Nôm (Chu Nom) for người (ngu*o*`i)--meaning nationality, person, looked like a cross between 人 and 得 (but 得 without itsㄔradical).

And lastly, if there is a Korean Hanja 한 자 漢字 expert on this forum, could they explain the concept and historical usage of Gukgyeol (kwukyel) 국열 Hanja Characters, for example the one [朩 -- 둥 dung (Mandarin: deng3)--meaning: rank, grade].

I know I probably have anyone who is reading this baffled, also I have really strayed off the original topic of Spoken Cantonese, sorry.

謝謝您

Xi ' Er Dun 希爾頓 from Australia 澳洲