Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Random new word of the day

Jim

The one I obsess with when I wistfully look at unlikely new e-bike purchases is 续航 which is the range on one battery charge. There's a nice looking bike that claims over 200km and isn't too pricey and if I ever have the spare cash i fancy getting it to go visiting all the little historic sites nearby but not that near.

• Like 1
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

mungouk
16 hours ago, Jim said:

a nice looking bike that claims over 200km

200km!  Which bike is that?

(And should we start a separate ebike thread?)

Jim
7 hours ago, mungouk said:

200km!  Which bike is that?

Can't find it now and had the manufacturer's website open a few times, this browser clears its history a bit too ruthlessly. It was in the RMB6000 price range which is why it stood out, see there's a few others on ZOL claiming a similar range but pretty sure none of them are the one I had in mind. Here's one example twice the price: https://ebike.zol.com.cn/701/7017075.html As I understand it it's all down to the battery rather than anything too clever about this or that bike design.

• Like 1
Jim
10 hours ago, mungouk said:

¥6000 whoah!  I just paid ¥2499 for my little scooter. 

Think if you juggle around with the specs you could have one not much more than yours that would get a good distance too but not quite the 200km. Really annoyed I can't find that site now, it really was a good-looking bike and al the promotional puff did suggest they had regular commuting use firmly in mind.

• 2 weeks later...
mungouk

OK since we're allowed chengyu, and following on with the animal theme....

骑虎难下     qí hǔ nán xià    if you ride a tiger, it's hard to get off (idiom); fig. impossible to stop halfway

Perfect timing for finishing this textbook in today's lesson.

hsk5a.thumb.jpg.0e8530ad582ba6edb4fa136edc8a2d78.jpg

• Like 1