Chinese-Forums

Skyport from Hong Kong to Shenzhen

Rincewind

Has anyone used the Skyport service form Hong Kong International Airport to go to Shenzhen airport.

My brother will be arriving in HK at 15:30 hours and I am wondering how much time to leave for the connection to Shenzhen. There's a suitable flight at 19:35. Do you think 4 hours is enough lea-way. There are two later flights, at 21:35 and 22:25 but they would mean he wouldn't arrive here until well after midnight!

The HKIA site says the sailing is about 45 minutes. Transfer on the free minibus to Shenzhen airport is about 10 minutes, but you may need to wait for it to fill up (unlikely to be long, as there'll be a ferry full of people. No need to go through customs and immigration at HKIA (I assume), but you will need to at Shenzhen Fuyong - last time I did that it took maybe 15-20 minutes, but that was from Hong Kong proper, not the airport. Can't see it would be much different. And say you want to leave an hour between arrival at Shenzhen airport and take-off, add all that up and you want a ferry leaving at least two and a half hours or so before the plane leaves. What I'm not sure about is how long it will be between landing in Hong Kong and being off the plane and in possession of your luggage.

I've never done this specifically, but have gone Fuyong> Kowloon and back a number of times.

I this case I might look at how much extra it will cost to a) buy the ticket on the day - then he can just not worry about getting any specific ferry and your plans won't get so messed up if the flight is late; or B) fly direct from Hong Kong - get a good Hong Kong to China deal and factor in the cost / hassle of the ferry and it might work out a reasonable option - still likely to be pricier, but not necessarily the worst value for money.