Chinese-Forums

BLCU Feb 2008-contact each other

franksank

agentjeff: i'm in sf too. what's up with today's weather? i keep thinking this fog looks like beijing's smog :-)

i applied for the spring 2008, then changed it to the year. i want to stay a year in china to study, and didn't want to deal with only getting a 6 month visa. i emailed blcu, and spoke to some woman, who said they did the change. so i don't know what the hold up is.

the semester start on 2/21. when are you leaving? are going straight to beijing, or doing some travelling, first?

zoelowey: wow, you're from sf too. are you in school right now? or is this a post-college experience? it would be cool to know someone from home when your on the other side of the world.

im not too sure what my plan is yet, but most likely i plan to get there about a week or so early to make sure i get housing. im also thinking about siteseeing around HK since most of the flights go through hk.

also for anyone that uses facebook and might be interested, there is a facebook group for people studying at blcu for 2007-2008.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2225420973

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, but I'm in SF also. Crazy. I've also applied for BLCU for this upcoming Spring, but I doubt I will get a reply any time soon (judging from the experience of people on this forum) since I sent in the app in late October.

As for me, post-grad experience. I've been out of school for about 3 years.

Glad to see other people out there in the same boat.

• 2 months later...

Hi

i am in the middle of booking a room from Conference Center for spring sem. 2008. Are there any offers as an alternative dorms which have nearly the same quality but lower price with conf. cen. Also, any comments about Conference cen. would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

if i am not heading blcu but i have lived in beijing, am i ok to enter this forum?

Anyway I have stayed in Beijing since Last September and I studied in CUMT right beside the BLCU, we studied with the ex teacher of BLCU and with the books and all of curriculum of BLCU.

This coming term, I will move to Jing Mao Da Xue or UIBE.

I have to say that BLCU is quite a place to study besides Bei Da or Qing Hua, Bei Shi Da (BNU) and sometimes people choose Ren Da or Ren Min Da Xue. but if you come to study for business chinese, then move at the next term to Jing Mao Da Xue or UIBE.

Dorm,..I don't really suggest you to come late if you want to study at the Dorms. Since last september there are a lot of chaos over dorm registry already. Due to the upcoming Olympics, a lot of dorm are being renovated and close for staying. So there are a lot of you who even have reserved for the dorm will be rejected.

Sharing an apartment will give you quite an experience tho, and cheaper too.

If you need information bout Beijing, how tos and etc dont hestitate to contact me :)

i have some friends who is renting out their room too if you wanted to know some details and comparableness and pictures

Cheers and welcome to Beijing :roll:

it's working now. you can send email for me from this site.

Anyway, i will be glad to give out information off course, but i dunno what is it that you need excatly.

aditthana, dorm in BLCU are expensive, they have just been renovated, the most wanted one is the one in building 17. as for the Conference Centre, that is the dorm that's actually like Hotel, seriously expensive, you could actually stay outside of BLCU, apartment cost are varied from 1500 - 3000 for a room

There are several places you could consider, Dong Wang Zhuang, this is a 6 floor building without elevator, the price varies from 1500-2000 a room, and most oftenly you shared an apartment with others. if you are willingly to spend more but you prefer to have a more quiet life, you could stay at Furunjiayuan.

Furunjiayuan is located in front of the East Gate of BLCU, it's like 10 minutes walking (depend how fast you walk really) It has 6 new buildings with a clean and safe (24 HR Police and guards) nice environment and it has mini market 24 hour and deliverable, and also others such as laundry and cafe house. This is the most recomended place I can say for a student to live in. A lot of foreigner stay in here, mostly those who are new to Beijing. Because a city can be pretty but cruel too in the same time.

I happen to have a friend subleting their 2 rooms in a 3 bed room apartment in Furunjiayuan. 1 is master bedroom cost 2500 monthly and the other is a small room which cost you 2000 monthly. the monthly expense bill will vary from 50-75RMB.

so from now i guess you could do some calculation for the accomodation.

There are more issues i am sure, so do post me with questions, i will be more than happy to answer.

Anyway, let's talk more about where do you people are going to stay once you are arrived?Hotel?

Hi everybody,

First of all let me congratulate all that have alaready got their permission letters, and my condolences to those who haven`t.

I have received all needed documents a month ago, this friday I will get my visa.

The only problem now is accomodation! "Privet Merrise i vsem russkogovoryashim" by the way!

I`ve heard that BLCU dorms are really different, some of them are pretty good others look like communal flats. Woman from the admission office told me I can reserve room by phone. Of course there will be a certain charge for booking.

Better come earlier and see yourself where you are going to stay for at least 1 semester.

Here are some price I`ve got from ISC.

ISC Residence Single room

Standard type: $18 per day

Studio type: $28 per day

Private Apartment

Single Occupancy: $ 280 per week

Two-bedroom apartment: $ 210 per week

Three-bedroom apartment: $170 per week

Host family

Single with meal: $25 per day

Double with meal: $18 per day

I`ve got some mails from Beijing Foreign Student Activities Center, you can visit their website www.iscbj.com. Rooms are pretty good, neat and tidy on the photos. They also do have flats and host family opportunities. It`s not far from BLCU about 20 minuts afoot. And 7 minutes on bike, though it depends...

Also you can visit this theme http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/63-taiwanese-writer-san-mao26. I was started in 2005, but I hope it can be helpfull somehow.

Any suggestions, have anybody found better place to live from the point of convenience and price?

I will be happy to hear from you guys, do not hesitate to contact me, especially beautiful girls :wink:. By the way is there any restrictions on your roommate`s sex? :)

All who wants to learn russian a little bit or more, please welcome. :)

See ya guys,

Tahir

email: venoblast@mail.ru

msn: venoblast@mail.ru

cellphone number: +996 555 925868

just to give you guys an idea, im going to blcu in feb and just paid for my room in a 3 bedroom apt. The cost is 2000rmb/month = about $270USD/month, about $1400USD for 5 months. However, we have to pay for utilities ourselves. It's about a 15 minute walk from blcu.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

i have some questions about the application fee paid by t/t, has anyone experienced problems with it because it has like 3 swift..

so should i one of the 3 there ? or do i have to do something special...?

and i want to know if the documents ( academic diploma or certificate of university education) has to be certified after translated to english?

also i would like to know how long do they take usually to send the letter of acceptance and visa form JW202 back?