Chinese-Forums

Can someone explain the usage and context of this Kanji [弖]?

Xi'Er Dun

Can someone explain the usage and context of this Kanji [弖]?

When was it used and when did it fall out of usage? Which context was it found in, ie. Japanese Classics?

Most advanced Kanji Dictionaries 漢字辭典 have an entry on this Kanji 漢字 and have its definiton as "a phonetic/phoneme/used phonetically". This Kanji's reading is only an ON Reading 音讀み of [te テ] (strange for a Japanese Kanji, which are known for having multiple readings--Kun訓讀み, ON音讀み, Nanori名乗り, Ateji当て字), however some say that its only reading is a Kun Reading 訓讀み of [te て]. More on its ON Reading, was its Middle Chinese Reading something like [tê, t'ê]?, as I know it would have a quite to very different reading in Modern Mandarin like I have seen it as [hu4/hù]-- which I find quite strange as Middle Chinese and Modern Mandarin readings are of course quite different sounding but not this different.... Was this Kanji used for the Japanese TEて form Grammar Structure -- eg. ーい、ーち、ーり=って  ーみ、ーに、ーび=んで  ーき=いて ーぎ=いで   all rest cut the ます off and add the て

This Kanji does have an entry in the Dai-Kan-Wa-Jiten 大漢和辭典, and a Hanzi 漢字 entry in the Kangxi Zidian 康熙字典. I also believe that this may not be Japanese Kokuji 國字, or where exclusive Japanese Kanji ever borrowed back to China?.

謝謝您

如何も有り難う御座い升

希爾頓從