Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I will attend the Zhejiang Uni Chinese Language Program for an academic year starting this fall 2013.

I'm already here, I had summer school in Hong Kong (CUHK) so I came to Hang Zhou directly after the program instead of wasting a flight ticket back and forth to Sweden. Anyone else in Hang Zhou and want to hang around, I'm quite bored.

Wechat: changis89, Facebook: Fredrik Chang, cellphone; +86 186 0650 9525 ,same number for whatsapp, Skype: Fredrik.Chang

Lets meet up!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@daeiram89

Hi, Im also a Filipino too. Im new to this forum and I plan to apply for CSC scholarship for a language program in any Chinese Universities. I have checked the general forum regarding the application process, the forum about the results for 2013, and so on. As far as my initial visits to the mentioned forums are concerned, Ive seen you provide helpful tips to Filipinos and to others as well. I know that this may sound like if not forbidden, maybe a stupid question, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I hope you can help me.

I've seen your post regarding CHED guaranteeing only 5 slots for Filipinos sometime between 2009-2011's application process, do you think more or less, this still holds? especialy for the language program? And do you have any idea how many Filipinos apply for CSC scholarship for the Chinese language program (basically the passing rate for Filipinos)?

Thank you, and my apologies for being a rookie in this matter. I expect from you soon

@Mar91dms @lambilyforever APPLY! It takes time but it's worth it in the end. You're never guaranteed anything in life but you'll also never get anything if you don't try. As for Chinese language knowledge: it's probably best to AT LEAST take an intro course before coming, because you'll be in CHINA after all. But, even if you don't have an intro course, there is still a class for you in the language program. I'd just recommend the basics as it'll be a huge help to adjusting to life here. 

Not many people outside of the faculty or Chinese government know about the admissions process, so it's best you contact them if you really, really, really need to know. As students, we're all privy to about the same amount of information you are, aside from what life is like at ZJU. 

If you take nothing else away from this post, remember: just apply.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I've applied for Zhejiang University for spring/summer semester and I haven't recived my acceptance letter yet. Is anybody in the same situation i am? 

I've been told that spring semester starts around 20th February and i'm getting a little bit nervous because of the lack of information.

Any information will be helpful. Thank you!! 

• 3 weeks later...

hey everyone,

so i just got accepted to zhejiang university to start in february. my main concern is about accomodation though, as i received no information about registering for dorms or any contact person. if anyone can maybe help me out with this that will be much helpful! the thought of being homeless in a foreign place kind of worries me haha.

@hzzj, hope you've gotten your acceptance letter, as I received mine just before new years :)

@nashz93 If they sent you an acceptance letter it should contain dorm information, if not, there should be a contact name and email. If none of that exists email Mr. Tangli (email address is above in the thread) and ask him about how you should arrange your accommodation. He speaks English and, of course, Chinese so communicating with him is relatively easy. Be sure to clearly state your full name (the name you registered under), and any other identifying information so as to assist him due to the fact that he already has to deal with the affairs of around 1000 foreign students. 

If you have questions specific to Hangzhou or Zheda, feel free to DM me here. I'm sure we'll meet next semester.

@NoahHouse my admission notice didn't contain dorm info though, only got info on how to register etc. Also, I'm not coming through the csc scholarship, but i think i'll send him an email for good measure.

thanks for the info! will be in contact if i need more info :)

Hey, I've just recieved my acceptance letter!   :)

@nashz93, as you said, there's only information about how to register to the dorms. More specific, says that I have to register between 20th and 21st of February at the Admission office of International college, (No. 31 Dorm)

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you!

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone here is doing their MTCSOL at ZheDa and could give me some basic information about it, as I'm thinking of applying to start next September. Basically, which campus would I be at? What are the grad dorms like? Do the MTCSOL international students take classes with the local Chinese students or separately? What types of classes will there be? (please note: I'm not asking about the quality, I know that'll be a mixed bag, I've studied in China before). 

Thanks in advance!

@hzzj

well that's a relief!

i don't have any info on registering for dorms, but i did get info about registering for classes and stuff. basically, we have to present our original jw202, passport, 3 photos and some form we'll have to fill in. also receipt of payment if you're a self-supporting student.

i'm on the non-degree chinese language program, and it says i'll have to register by feb 24 at the latest. i'm not quite sure about the registration deadlines and stuff for other programmes, but i'm pretty sure it would be around the same time.

good luck!

Hey guys

Really grateful for this chain! Lots of helpful information. 

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with any info. I've missed the deadline for the Long-term Non-degree Chinese Language and Culture Program by a couple days (10 Feb) to apply for this spring/summer semester but want to attend. Do you think this will be a problem for me to apply late to the admissions office? I am based in Shanghai right now, self-funded and already have an X2 study visa that will take me through until early July, so I don't think the JW202/visa application is necessary (which I am assuming to be the most time-consuming part). 

Also, please can someone confirm which campus it is that this course will be held at? I am hoping to get private accommodation so want to have a steer on where would be convenient. Also, curious about price ranges people have come across for renting an apartment (alone or shared). 

Many thanks in advance!

"I was wondering if anyone can help me out with any info. I've missed the deadline for the Long-term Non-degree Chinese Language and Culture Program by a couple days (10 Feb) to apply for this spring/summer semester but want to attend"

I'm in your same situation, but I'm not even in China!I've sent an e-mail to the Language Office and apparently we still have a chance to apply. Actually they told me to send the application form together with the receipt of the application fee (the on-line registration is not working, they said). Probably I'll need someone who send me via DHL the acceptance letter in order to apply for the visa in my home country otherwise I'll be late.

Hey mer_i

Just to let you know I submitted my application today, I spoke to one of the admissions tutors about it and she didn't seem that concerned re the lateness, though agreed it is easier for me that i have a visa (even though it won't see me through til the end of the semester I don't think). If you do still apply, by the way, I imagine it would be possible to do that fast post recorded (DHL or otherwise) option as that was the situation I was in a couple years back with BLCU and they did go to the trouble of sending it via that route for me (I paid the costs of that). 

Good luck!

@mer_i

congrats! i found info on tuition payment here the other day: http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/type4/01031407.html

on my admission letter it just says that i have to pay before latest registration day on feb 24th. i reckon i'll wire the payment as soon as i got my visa sorted. 

i'm on the same programme too btw, so hopefully i'll get to see you around in hangzhou! :)

sure :) I just asked about the payment btw, and they replied:

"For the tuition, please prepare RMB9000. There will be some stuff from the local bank to help us collect the money."

?!! I was thinking to wire the payment BEFORE coming to HZ in my country!anyway, it is not clear at all. Suggested interpretations?