Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's completely fine to organise the payment before. At registration I imagine you will just need to provide some proof of that payment, whether that was the day before queuing at the local branch they mention or via your own arranged means prior to that. I'm sending it in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

Is anyone here who received a Chinese Government Scholarship and going to attend 1-year Language Program at Zheda? 

I've got few questions.

Firstly, Do i have to pay for 宿舍? It is said here :http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/type1/01032501.html that scholarship cover free accommodation but they mentioned only Master's and Doctoral degree students, what about language program students? 

Secondly, should I bother if it is said that application deadline is due to April 20 - but the same - for Postgraduate students, not for me and I still had to sent all my documents to my country council firstly. 

Thanks for any help :)

I really can't wait for studying at Zheda and living in Hangzhou !

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to stay in Hang Zhou to take long term Chinese class, Which University would you guys recommend? I am now doing some research on Zhe Jiang University, is it called Zhe Da?

How is school there and do you like it? I plan to go there in this Fall semester.

Is it mandatory to stay in university dormitory or we can look for a place to stay outside university?

Thank you very much in advance.

Lantos, you're a veritable gold mine of information about dorm life in Zhejiang - can I ask a question? I've just learned that I've been accepted to the graduate LLM program at Zhejiang for this fall and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship by Zhejiang.  I'm delighted!  My problem: I have a much loved and well behaved dog.  Can I live in a single room in the dorm with a dog?  I would greatly appreciate any information anyone could share on this issue.

Just received my acceptance to the LLM program at Zhejiang! I've been nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship by ZJU, but won't hear officially on that until July. I'm concerned about making plans for my well behaved dog...does anyone know if pets are allowed in the dorms?  Anyone else doing the LLM in Zhejiang this fall?

I'd be surprised if there's a single university dorm in China which says it allows dogs. However you might be the first one to think of bringing a dog, so they might not have a rule. I'd expect it to be a problem though. 

• Like 1

You're right, Roddy.  Heard from Mr. Li Tang.  Guess I'll just have to choose between renting a private apartment and leaving my dog at home...  Does anyone know where international LLM students are usually housed?  Is the International College student dorm on the Yuquan campus with all single rooms a possibility? Any one know how to contact the housing office?

Thanks!

hey!

is there anyone here who will still be studying in zheda next semester? I'm thinking of moving out of the dorms and am currently looking for roommates, since most of my friends are leaving this semester lol. So if there's anyone here who is also in the same position as me, and wanna look for a place to move in to next semester let me know via PM!

谢谢! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted here last year and didn't find much info on dorm 10. Having survived one year, I am ready to help others.

Grad students in humanities, education (including teaching Chinese), psychology, China studies, maybe even LLM since I know one person studying towards that degree, are given free accomodation on Xixi campus, dorm 10.

• Like 1