Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Yes, I am studying under that one. There are also CI Fellows, Zhejiang University Fellows, people doing joint-degrees or exchanges.

• Like 1

Hello Angelina;   It's great to be able to ask questions of someone currently at Zhejiang.  Are there any single rooms in dorm 10?  Do you know if the LLM students are housed there? Lastly, what about the International College dorm on the Yuquan campus - is it possible to get a room there? I believe that it is close to the law school (where LLM classes will be held), and that it's almost all single rooms. Thanks for any information you can offer.

@wpskinner Congrats on being accepted!

There is one Thai LLM student living in my dorm and he has a roommate. He doesn't have any classes here, so it's strange. Maybe I can ask him how come he ended up here. I can give you his Facebook if you want as well.

The worst part about dorm 10 are the common toilets/showers.

PhD students get single rooms, Master degree students-doubles.

¥900/month if you want to upgrade to a single room. You have to pay the full amount (around ¥1500/month) if you want to live on Yuquan - International College. You also have to book in advance there.

I hope you won't have to live here. Language students have it much better.

• Like 1

Hi Angelina,

How much is the room rent?

Is there any possibility to get part time job in china(zhejiang).

and you know any one where i can share room with them?

along with me my friend is also coming, you know any girls where they can accomadte her?

Thank you

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Ink15

did you get an e-mail recently or you meant the pre-admission letter?

I am still waiting for my acceptance mail and I started to worry a bit since I've read that many ppl already received such a confirmation ...

Anyway, congratulations!

A friend is looking for a flatmate. She has found an apartment near Yuquan Campus (a–three–minute walk away from campus). You will get a separate room plus a kitchen and living room. Rent is 2000/month, utilities 200/month tops. No need to pay in advance, you pay in September. The international students who used to live there are moving out.

post-44480-0-35030900-1404379170_thumb.jpg

post-44480-0-43279400-1404379212_thumb.jpg

post-44480-0-95156100-1404379252_thumb.jpg

There is a newly-build dorm for international students on 紫荆港校区. All China Studies students will get a room there. Not sure about other majors. Language students - Yuquan Campus.

• Like 1

One more thing.

(二)开学报到

2014级本科生新生于8月31日报到注册,9月1—18日参加始业教育和军训;研究生新生于9月20日报到,9月21日—10月20日安排研究生新生始业教育。外国留学生新生于9月15—16日报到注册,9月17—30日安排留学生新生始业教育。

本科生老生、研究生老生于9月19日报到注册、学年小结。9月22日起秋季学期开始。

Registration for new international students: September 15-16.

Don’t worry if you haven’t received your admission notice yet,来得及.

• Like 2

Hi Angelina, thanks for info about the registration date! 

Do you know if there is any schedule of the whole academic year (with holidays etc.) ? I saw it somewhere on the uni website for previous years but now I can't find it ...

Do you also know if I come earlier to the campus (like two weeks before the registration date) will I get a room in a dormitory ?

Hello Angelina;  Your posts about accommodations in Zhejiang are the most helpful I've found.  Thanks!  I contacted Mr. Tang Li at ZJU's international college office some time ago to inquire about a single room and he told me that it was not possible to get one.  Your post is much more encouraging.  Who should I contact about getting on the wait list/advance registration for a room at the International College dorm in Yuquan? Alternatively, who might I speak to about paying 900 Y to upgrade to a single room.  Is the newly constructed dorm you refer to the International College dorm, or a new space altogether?  Thanks for your help.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The registration date is 15-16 September.  Presumably this means I don't need to be in China until the 13-14th September?

And presumably the accommodation for scholarship students will be available before the 15th of September otherwise we will need to stay in a hotel?

Hey, I've just got a final confirmation that I'm going to study at Zheda this year!

I will live in Yuquan campus (I applied for one-year language program) and I asked Mr Tang whether I could lodge before there before the registration date and also if he could confirm that accommodation on campus is for free and he answered me that it costs 50yuan per day (!!!) - which means that per month its 1500 and my scholarship is around 1600. ( *now I don't know if he meant that I have to pay for this time before the official registration date or the whole stay)

Does anyone entitled by Chinese Government Scholarship had to paid for the accommodation on campus (which allegedly is for free?) 

Anyone else is going to study at Zheda this year? 

@qualtagh No no no, if you have a scholarship, you will also have FREE accommodation. Don't worry. Everything will be fine.

What Mr. Tang was telling you was that if you go there much earlier, you should pay to live on campus. (Don't forget that a student visa gives you 30 days to get a residence permit, so please, don't go to China more that 30 days before registration. Talk to Mr. Tang if you really have to be in China that early. People planning to go to China earlier than August 17 beware!)

However, I don't think that you have to pay if you arrive on campus only a few days before registration. (@Ink15) I remember I went there 3 days before registration period and they gave me a room. I didn't pay anything except the deposit. Everything was fine. Okay, I live on Xixi Campus and I didn't like it, but that is personal. 

Basically, 

1. if you arrive in China before August 17 - notify the university because you will have problems with your visa;

2. if you arrive in China somewhere between August 17 and say September 10 - you should pay to live on campus. 50 yuan/day;

3. if you arrive in China only a few days before registration - just go to the reception desk at the International College, they will find your name on the list and tell you where to go. Then you go to your dorm and pay a 400 yuan deposit. Keep the receipt, you will get your money back when you move out.

I will be in Hangzhou, feel free to contact me if you get lost or something. 

• Like 1