Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

As what I know (since I have already been to Hangzhou this year), Zijingang Campus of Zhejiang University is in Hangzhou and not in Haining. Also, my chinese friend who is really from Hangzhou confirmed that Zijingang campus is in Hangzhou.IMG_9371.thumb.JPG.2650f8fbd79062da7d19a5dac25dba8a.JPG

• Like 1

Hi LanceGonza - can you say more about where you heard that? I have received an email this morning from the admissions officer there who says that they are still waiting on the CSC and I haven't gotten any updates since. Hoping to get results soon!

Hi Everyone, 

I am applying to Zhejiang University under the Chinese Government Scholarship to get my Masters degree in mathematics. Does anyone know when international students are supposed to arrive in campus for registration and moving into campus housing?

Thanks,

Erich 

Hi everyone, I have an update: ZJU has emailed me to say that the CSC has approved my scholarship. From the email it sounds like the papers will be officially released next week so I don't know if they are emailing everyone now or not, but I hope you all are also getting good news today and I will see you there!

I will fly to HZ at the end of the month to look for a place, I don't fancy student dorms at this point in my life. If anyone who is already there has any leads or advice about housing near Yuquan Campus it would be much appreciated!

Good luck everyone :)

• Like 1

Sorry if i misled anyone. I got this info off of a Facebook CSC group and there was a screenshot. The awardee was a PhD scholar. Congs @Totient Function Good luck to the rest. BTW will anyone be at Haining campus??? What are the electrical appliances found in the rooms? Does individual room mean single room?? Thanks

• Like 1

@Totient Function I received the same email this morning. I will be studying mathematics at ZheDa for my Masters. I want to live off campus too. Do you know if the Scholarship money will be given to us to help pay for rent if we find our own living situation? I know there is a Hangzhou Forum and many expats will offer apartments for renting. You can check there.

• Like 1

@Erich Great :) I am also going for a Master's in mathematics - pure mathematics & number theory, how about about you? I think I have read somewhere that it is possible to obtain additional funds for housing for students living off campus but that it may take a fair bit of wrangling. I do know about the Hangzhou Forums and I think I will probably post there or reply to anything that looks promising over the next few days now that it seems to be official. For anyone who is not familiar with the forums, find them at Hangzhou Expat.

@Xyz I am not sure about my status at the CSC website, since much like 99% of the times I have tried over the last months I cannot access the website. The last time I logged in (yesterday I think) it was still listed as "In Progress" or whatever it is, and I guess it is probably still the same as the impression I got from the email is that CSC has not officially announced the results yet, just informed the school of its decisions. Good luck if you are still waiting on news!

• Like 1