Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Will you all wait until you receive the mail from the University/CSC to book your flight?

Hi, @Erich! Dorms are open starting September 5, 2017. Registration would be on September 11 and September 12. 

I was thinking of booking my flight now for the 5th and maybe checking with the airline first to see if I can change the date one or two days before/after the 5th in case my VISA is for a different day. 

@Erich My previous experience with long term Chinese visas is that they will not assign you a specific day of entry; rather it will be valid as soon as you obtain the visa from a consulate, with a requirement that you enter before a specific date. Once you arrive you have a window of time (30 days I think) to formally convert your entry visa into a residence permit. That was for work visas (Z Visa) but I think the X1 will work more or less the same way.

In any case, I am planning to arrive the 28th of August.

• Like 1

Hi @Erich, sorry, I don't know about the dormitory situation! Maybe someone who has already been there can answer that question.

@Abubakarciu I have usually gotten replies pretty quickly although I think some people in the International Office are on holiday or reduced hours currently. Who have you been in contact with? 

• Like 1

@LanceGonza I am not sure if the Univ can pick you up at 0000hrs. But you can take a taxi at that time (which is actually more expensive especially at that time as most taxi drivers ask for big amount of money from you) --- subway and buses are not available during that time already. Or you can wait at the airport until 4am or 5am (at least until the subway opens). If you want to take a taxi, make sure you ask the driver to use the taximeter.

Hi, @Xyz. Have you heard anything since the confirmation email? I have not and as far as I can tell ZJU has still not posted results on the website, so I am wondering if they have still not received the official confirmation from CSC. I would also like to get more information and the admissions package as soon as possible ...

• Like 2

Did anyone else receive this email:

Dear Mr. XX XX,

We have contacted CSC and get to know that your CSC scholarship application will be approved by CSC and you will be warded CSC scholarship to study at Zhejiang University. Congratulations.

The university is expected to receive approved papers from CSC next week. Please re-confirm your postal address information to receive the admission papers so that the admission papers could be posted for you as soon as we receive it:

City: 

Phone No.:

Company: 

Address: 

Postal Code:

Sincerely,

Tang Li

Office of Management for Postgraduate Students

International College

Zhejiang University

and not have there name be on the list posted today?

http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/redir.php?catalog_id=279&object_id=13776

I emailed Mr. Tang Li directly today to confirm whether or not I was awarded the scholarship.