Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Hi @Erich. I received the exact same email and I am also not on the list. It is quite stressful and frustrating at this point! In any case, I also have emailed 唐立老师 to ask about it, I will let you know if I hear anything. I think you mentioned somewhere that you are American, as am I - I wonder if that has anything to do with it, as I do remember he mentioned way back when I started this process that the particular CGS in question is the 中美人文交流项目. Maybe it will be released separately? One can hope, in any case .. 

Hi @Erich - I have heard back from Tang Li, so I imagine you have as well, but if not he says that the Sino-American scholarship recipients were not included in the main list, but not to worry, admissions papers have already been posted via EMS. It seems all is well again, although I do wonder at this point how many more near heart attacks will be involved in this process!

You'd think I would know by now, having dealt with the China process in the past for work visas etc. etc., but still ... 

• Like 3

Admissions notice and visa papers arrived today.

Anyone else received theirs? The package is (unsurprisingly) not very informative - just some information about registration day and required documents. Does anyone know anything about registering for coursework, obtaining permission and hopefully a financial contribution for off-campus living, and etc.?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Xyz said:

What is the registration date

I am already a student here and received an official email confirming that the registration date for me is: September 12- 15 

For new students, it will be written on your letter of admission.

I have attached the calendar in an earlier post, it might help you when booking tickets or planning your holidays. They have a date for registration of new students set at September 16. However, keep in mind that this is the calendar of the entire university and that date might for registering new Chinese students.

School starts September 18 for all students. All registration should be done the week before that. Wait for your admission notice. I assume for all students, new, old, Chinese or international, all registration is during the week preceding September 18. 

Important: 

You have 30 days to convert your X1 visa into a residence permit. If you are coming before school starts, make sure this is not too early, because you should get your residence permit within this 30-day period. 

It is already August 15 now, so it will probably be fine.

This is important though. Make sure the time between your arrival in China and your application for a residence permit once you register at the university does not exceed 30 days. 

If you are here for one semester only, you will get an X2 visa and there is no need for a residence permit. 

• Like 3

On 28.7.2017 at 9:10 PM, LanceGonza said:

@chralelooks like I should register on 11 and 12th too. Got a map of Zijingang Campus but am supposed to be at International campus. Is this in Haining

EDITED 

(The International Campus is in Haining. 

Zijingang Campus is in Hangzhou. 

Are you going to be at the International Campus or Zijingang Campus? Do you have your admission notice? )

edit:

Ok, saw your reply, looks like you are sure you are going to be at the International Campus. The International Campus is in Haining, not Hangzhou. 

• Like 1

• New Members

Hey everyone 

I just saw this forum when i was browsing Google for any information on Zhejiang University. I am starting the Chinese Language Programm at ZJU  and was wondering if anyone wants to create a Whatsapp or Wechat group. I am at the International College in Yuquan Campus, is anybody else on this campus? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LanceGonza said:

whether International college or international campus.

There is more of Zhejiang University than these two, many campuses in Hangzhou, one campus in Zhoushan, one in Haining. 

A master's in math probably means Yuquan campus. 

• Like 3

@Erich @Angelina I also assume mathematics majors would be at 玉泉校区 since that is where the mathematics department is. In any case, I am planning to look for housing in the area nearby, but it might be worthwhile to check with 唐立老师.

If there is a WhatsApp/WeChat group forming, I would like to join :)

• Like 2