Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Hey guys, I'm already in Hangzhou. If you need some help call me anytime - my phone number is 151 406 30532, go for Alex (I'm going to use this number until it runs out of money). For those arriving from Shanghai - the Huanglong stadium is within walking distance from the 31 building. Well, that's all i think, see you around :).

Antonio, I also have a scholarship so I do not need to pay the fees.

Oneeyedcats, great, hope you like Hangzhou!

My flight will arrive in Hangzhou at 6pm on Friday (31st) so I will probably arrive at Zheda at approximately 8 or 9pm (who knows!). My skype is matt.mateo.hanlon if anyone would like to add me!

• Like 1

Hey everyone. So I have arrived in Hangzhou and I currently don't have internet access. I am sure some of you have the same problem! I am now in an internet cafe near the dorms called Peets (outside the campus).

I have got a Chinese sim card and my phone number is 13018996879 if anyone wants to contact me!

Also my skype is matt.mateo.hanlon but obviously I won't be online too often!

Hope everyone is ok!

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi, I'm currently studying at Peking University but interested in moving to Zhejiang next semester (March-July) with an old school friend who has also decided to pursue Mandarin studies.

Just wondering what the area around Zhejiang Uni is like? In terms of say, supermarkets, good restaurants (I'm generally not a fan of street or campus food) (also I'd like to be able to get something non-Chinese 1-2 times a week, as much as I love and appreciate Chinese cuisine), sports facilities - e.g. to hire a tennis court/badminton/squash, gym/pool access.

Many thanks for your comments!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I wonder if anyone here is on their postgraduate studies? Maybe someone taking english-taught programs?

I was wondering if the teachers' english is okay, if the workload, homeworks and stuff is manageable.

Also, since scholars get 1700rmb allowance per month, is it enough for food, transportation and basic stuff?

Also, is biking the main mode of transportation for students there? or is it better to own a scooter?

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of studying at Zhejiang University, or Gongshang (Think that's the other one in Hangzhou) or another close to the hangzhou/shanghai region of China.

I was wondering if Zhejiang offers some sort of course/lectures in which a examination of some sort is taken prior to the course, and then the candidates put into the examination are then split into groups depending on their level of Chinese, as my Chinese is pretty basic, I'm looking for something fairly beginner level that wouldn't require me studying for a HSK Examination, would Zhejiang be able to offer something like this for me or do you know any other universities that would be able to in this region of China?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just had a quick question to anyone who is studying the Chinese language course on the Chinese government scholarship. How do you go about applying ? Did you send you apply before the scholarship ? Also did you send your scholarship to the school instead of the embassy etc. Thanks in advance! I've read the posts on here and it looks like it will be a good course, hopefully starting in 2013

Andy

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi Guys,

My University offered me a chance to study one semestr at Zhejiang, but I'm studying electrotechnics and IT and propably I'll be doing a bachelor project in there, so here is my question - do you know if there are any significant topics in the field of Electro & IT, which are on good level here and worth of doing? Especially some with english speaking tutors.

Thanks a lot

Vojta

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and my friend will also attend ZJU from September. (CIS) :D

We're really exited about that. This topic is so useful, but I still have some questions, maybe there is someone who can answer them.

1) Which textbooks we will use at language classes?

2)How fast is learning there, is it one level for semester or what?

I would like to learn a lot, now my level is not that good now, I passed HSK level 3 to get a scholarship (with a good results), but it doesn't mean anything, when you don't have to actually write hanzi. That's why I want to study hard this 2 months so I can get better before going to China.

3) Is it difficult to get Internet access in old dorm ?(We're from CIS, so as I read that' where we are going to live).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i will be studying in ZJU this september. For those under CSC, i just want to ask if somebody will fetch us in the airport. I was thinking how to get there in ZJU and are we going directly to admission office? I hope somebody here would like to share their experience.

Hey man,

Not sure about whether you'll be picked up, but a taxi from the airport to the International college takes about 45 mins and cost me 140 yuan.

Make sure he drops you off at the right gate too, as there are numerous and the building can be hard to find from the main gate

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys for those who can make some clarifications for this info pls do so, they say that when you check-in for your room accommodation you are going to pay 800-980 rmb as deposit of your accommodation but it is refundable.

• Like 1

@inkama

This is the latest update of Zheda schedules for next semester, i hope this helps;)

1. Vacation for Students: from July. 8th to Sep. 5th, 2013;

2. Registration Date of next Semester:

For new students:

① Sep. 2nd and Sep. 3rd, for degree program students and non-degree Chinese language students;

② Sep. 9th for MBBS program students.

For current students:

①Sep. 6th for degree program students:

②Sep.4th to Sept. 6th for non-degree Chinese Language Students

• Like 1