Chinese-Forums

Doufu/Tofu

Ian_Lee

LOL :D

well, There's this successful long standing brand of flavoured soyamilk which is sold in Australia - It's called "So Good". I think it's manufactured by Sanitarium, a large health food company in Australia.

I am forced to drink it everytime I go to visit my relatives in Sydney and Brisbane. It taste really weird! :x

I think I prefer VitaSoy! (The HK brand)

• 1 month later...
sandra_49202@yahoo.com

Have you notice that the amercian they all ways find fault in any thing that chinese say about tofu etc. But lok in their store and they are really eating it themsleve. If they didn't come with it first they tries to get the cricreit for it like it's their idea. :roll:

Finally I finished the three one-gallon Silk (popular brand of US soy milk) Milk that I bought from Costco.

It tastes awful because of the vanilla flavor that is added.

Why can't American consumers drink just soy milk without any flavor added?

that happens in China too.. most of the soy milk I see is sweetened with sugar...

if you have a local asian supermarket they probably have more palatable (and fresher) soy milk.

Why can't American consumers drink just soy milk without any flavor added?

Same reason Taiwanese and Japanese can't. Only in Korea can one easily and regularly buy unsweetened soy milk.

I drink Silk unsweetened which comes in a dark green container. Zero sugar added. Delicious. There's also a smaller company in Oregon that makes unsweetened soy milk, but I forget the name.

Have you notice that the amercian they all ways find fault in any thing that chinese say about tofu etc. But lok in their store and they are really eating it themsleve. If they didn't come with it first they tries to get the cricreit for it like it's their idea.

No, I haven't noticed that. No one claims Americans invented tofu. Few Americans eat tofu. What are you refering to?

What I mean is why would the America say that too much tofu not good for your brain ?

There is no American conspiracy to discredit tofu. There was a study (or more than one) that raised questions about tofu and brain shrinkage late in life. There are medical studies saying pratically everything. You don't need to make it sound as if the US government or the American people are somehow attacking tofu.