Chinese-Forums

Looking an Apartment in Guangzhou

Bilee

http://www.jnu.edu.cn/

Why don't you contact the university directly?

Pictures of the university here:

http://www.jnu.edu.cn/mercury/english/abt_tour.htm

or read my reply:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1528

Usually, I believe there are posters in and around the university for apartments. If you are not in Guangzhou now, I'd suppose it'd be hard to find detailed information. My advice is that check out what the university has to offer. If it's not too bad, get a university dorm room first, then as you get more familiar with the place, find outside apartments through friends. By then you will probably know better than all of us on this forum.

Yuanyuan is right, though. The district where the university is in is called 天河, it is one of the most expensive districts in the city. You might be able to get a much cheaper apartment farther away from the university.

You might also try that's Guangzhou magazine. I think the address is just thatsguangzhou.com, if that doesn't work to to thatsbeijing.com and look for a link. You should be able to browse accomodation ads here and put your own ad on for free.

Roddy

I have contacted the university, and they told me that if I wanted to live off the university's dormitory, I should look for all information about apartment or room for rent by myself. And I am now still in Singapore, so i really need help from all friends in the forum to giving me information about room rent or apartment, because off 8 may will be my first trip to Guangzhou and I don't have any family or friend in Guangzhou and I can't speak any chinese.

I wanted to live in apartment because i think University's dormitory is very expensive, and i will go to China with my friends (2 persons) and it will be very cheap if we live in apartment. Am I right ?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Hello, Friends..

I`m Looking For Apartment In Guangzhou near Sun Yat Sen Univercity..

BuT i never been To Guangzhou before.. so I blind about street in Guangzhou..

I`d Like 1 bedroom, a kitchen, Furnished with Refrigerator, washing machine, and heater..

My Budget is about 1000RMB - 1500RMB..

SomeBody Can HeLp me?.. I'll Arrived in GuangZhou on 28 August..

Thank You for your attention..:wink:

I was a student at Zhongshan University (Sun Yat-sen University). If you can not talk in Chinese, you better first check-in at the Foreign Students Dormitory. You can rent a room there. For short-term it will be a little bit expensive but it should be Ok since you will be looking around for a nice apartment outside. Your best bet would be to find a nice Chinese student on the campus to help you. It should not be too difficult. Most are always eager to practice their English with a foreigner. Maybe later you can invite him or her and the friends to a dinner once they found you a nice one. My advice would be to look around in 滨江东路 (BinJiang DongLu). I lived there for almost a year in a really nice apartments. While I am at it, maybe you should first live in the dormitories. When the classes start, you can find some foreign friends to rent an apartment together with. It will be really cheap!

For example, the 2 Bed Room dormitory was about 1050RMB at my time for a 5 Month contract. Less time will be more expensive. My apartment in BinJiang DongLu was only 2300 for 3 rooms. I payed 1100 cause I got the biggest one. We had our own kitchen, living room and balcony. Everything inside, washing machine etc...

• 5 years later...
  • New Members

Hello, im planning to study in guangzhou (jinan huawen) in february 2013, and now im looking for aparment/house, i just need one room with bathroom inside. the reason because i can't get the single room in the school dorm. any suggestion where i can get the information or any people have another room in that location?

by the way i'm chinese (from indonesia) and if you can speak indonesian it's good, because my chinese are not good

=)