Chinese-Forums

TLI Shanghai...or other?

abuck

I'm coming to Shanghai from January - May and am wondering if anyone has experience with TLI Shanghai. I am a high-intermediate/low-advanced level student and want to rapidly improve my Chinese (especially spoken). Rates seem reasonable...what I'm wondering is -- do they deliver?

I previously studied with CIEE at ECNU and while it was a good experience, I feel I need more one-on-one work for my spoken Chinese, since my job (starting July 2008) will involve travel to/from China. Other program suggestions very welcome.

Thanks for any input!

• 10 months later...

I want to go to TLI Shanghai for the month of November. I went to TLI Dalian for 1 week last year, and really liked it. I've never been to Shanghai, and I know I'll be going to big classes instead of 1 on 1. That's ok with me. I chose Shanghai because all 3 of my language partners live nearby. But TLI has 3 branches there - Pudong Lujiazui, Xujiahui and Hongqiao. So here are my questions:

1) which of these branches would you recommend, and why?

2) can you recommend any other schools in Shanghai?