Chinese-Forums

Chinese Dishes Question

kanyamichelle

Since I have returned from China I have began to miss some of the foods horribly. I hate that you can't get real Chinese food many places in the US! Anyway... I have a few questions:

(1) Does anybody have any good recipes for dishes with thousand-year-old-eggs (that don't have meat or much dairy in them)?

(2) Does anybody have any recipes for dishes with durian (that don't have much meat or much dairy in them?

(3) Does anybody know the name (or how to cook a dish) that I feel IN LOVE WITH in China that consisted of green beans and those really hot red peppers and something else that was brownish and small and kinda crunchy.

i think it sounds like 干煸豆角. that is, if those little brown crunchy things are small sichuan pepper corns which tend to numb your tongue a little bit. it's standard fare in every sichuan restaurant from beijing to tashkurgan.

oh. i actually did a picture search and i can't figure what is the difference between the dish mentioned by muyongshi and this one. maybe they're just two names for the same beans?! :roll:

The one I mentioned also has 花椒 in it as it is a Sichuan dish :mrgreen: (me likey)。

I also did a search on the two names and they are apparently the same but I can guarentee you that the 地道 Sichuan dish is 干煸四季豆. Don't know what place you would have the dish but my guess is it is a regional name difference.

thousand-year-old-eggs with tofu 皮蛋拌豆腐

2 皮蛋 (remove the shell),

1 squar of tofu (any kind, except egg tofu)

1 tea spoon of choped garlic

1 tea spoon of sesame oil

soya sauce and little salt (depend on how salty you eat)

mash them.... I like to put some chopped green onion, but green onion cant mix with tofu.

I saw some recipe said put some chopped pineapple, and cherry. I'v never try that, you can try.

• 2 months later...

Steamed 3 Types of Eggs (Fresh Eggs, Salted Eggs and Century Eggs)

Ingredients:

2 fresh eggs (whipped, but not foamy, add 6 half shell of boiled cool water, season with salt and pepper)

1 Pre-cooked salted eggs and diced

1 century egg (diced)

mix all the above together into a deep dished plate and steam over slow fire for 8 minutes or until cook

when cooked, you can add a tablespoon of cooked oil and light soya sauce ontop of the cooked steam eggs

enjoy!!!