Chinese-Forums

Baijiu Sourcing in London

laohu

Can anyone help out in giving tips on where to get hold of some Baijiu in London. It's not that i really like the stuff, but i seem to have had really great nights ever time i've drunk it, I also want to share that first experience of it with my friends at home!

The taste didn't become nice, but it certainly got less bad during my last trip to China. As with a lot of things I meant to get before going home, I forgot to get a couple of sports bottles of Baijiu...

If anyone knows of somewhere in London where it can be obtained, I'd be thankful indeed. Had a search in chinatown the other day, but no luck. My friend from HongKong has never heard of it so can give me tips about which supermarket to go to.

Or if any one has any great Baijiu thoughts or stories to share, I'm sure I'll get a kick out of them.

Those in china now have a Baijiu for me tonight! (or just send me some :wink: )

I've bought Bajiu in London's Chimatown supermarkets many times. Have a closer look!

There are also a couple of off-licences on Old Compton Street in Soho which may have.

As liuzhou says. Chinatown and Soho are neighbours so you may be able to get it in the big off licence on Old Compton Street (the one with loads of bottles of whiskey in the window).

You can definitely get it from the liquor counters in the larger Chinese supermarkets in Chinatown. I don't think it's with the sake and rice wine (which are on the display shelves) but from the alcohol counter.