Chinese-Forums

English for English Speakers

heifeng

Have you ever had a day when you hear English and you have no idea what you heard, although your native language is English, or you at least thought your English was quite good? Sometimes it's b/c you hear Chinglish, but the point of this thread isn't to really address Chinglish. It is to point out English saying in many different countries.

I personally have not really been exposed to American English for a whiiiiiile..(well other than when prison break was airing on 星空)and am lately getting confused by English in general.

First it was the pantene bottle incident that really confused me for some reason (which on this board it was said may have stemmed from Indian English I guess)...then my friend from the UK proclaimed she was making a pig's ear out of something which made me laugh for days...

So if you have any interesting English expressions/slang used in your English speaking country, or you have heard here and there that you feel we need to know, here is your opportunity. :mrgreen: