Chinese-Forums

Need an advice to find a book!

Guest yangbin

Hi all ,

I would like to buy a book in chinese and I've got two ideas!

1/ Historical fiction book! I would like a book about chinese history but if possible a kind of fiction! (please no wuxia.... im a huge fan, but pretty hard to read )

2/ A book about chinese - HK mafia! I m sure that exist, .....or i watch to much HK movies!:mrgreen:

So, if anyone has a good idea of title, let me know!

Im planning to finish my study book in 2 months, and then start to read novel etc. in chinese :) !

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Historical books are even more difficult to read as it often employs some 文言 writing style.

I think you can start with some ancient poems that will surly help you understand Chinese culture as well as the language. And then turn back to modern novels 'cause as you can see in 金庸的武侠 novel, you can always come across some 文言 writing style. But to tell you the truth 金庸's novels are almost the easiest novels with natural Chinese.

But if you still stick to novels, I shall recommend 赵树理's novel. They were written purely in 白话 but the topic was concentrated on rustic life. Because he mainly wrote for the rustic people who were not well educated. 赵树理 is called 汉语大师 'cause of all famous novelists, 赵树理 use the least mount of characters.

Here are two of his most famous novels:

《小二黑结婚》 《李有才板话》

• 2 weeks later...